Esme & Herman's new outside enclosure

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jackiedots_*

Guest_jackiedots_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:20 AM

Here are some pics of Herman & Esme's new outside enclosure. I was a bit limited for space as I only have raised flower beds on a roof garden. This housed my pond last year with surrounding garden. I had to take out the pond obviously and all of the plants as they were not tort friendly. I had to remove loads of soil as I had put slug pellets in last year. I replaced it with I think 10 or 11 35ltr bags of steralised topsoil. I lost count but do remember thinking " is this ever going to fill up " !!

Me assuming what will be my summer position !!

A good friend let me dig up a large lump of their lawn, complete with dandelions !!

I put them into their house and closed the lid and waited for them to emerge. It didn't take long.

I then realised that the ramp was too steep, so made it less of an incline and they both beat a hasty retreat !

I was worried that they wouldn't like the stoney area in the middle but they both went straight onto it and crossed to the other side. The water fountain was not on, so I will try that on them the next time they are out to see what they think of it.

#2 Guest_wuz06_*

Guest_wuz06_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:16 AM

I have had to cover Nettles eyes because if she saw that she would pack her bags and have be on the first train down to you!

It is amazing! Your torts are spoilt! If you ever feel the need to replicate what you have done, I wil gladly allow you to come to mine and do it all over again!

Hopefully summer will last a long time so they (and you) can spend a large amount of time out there!

Louise

xxx

#3 Guest_jackiedots_*

Guest_jackiedots_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (wuz06 @ May 4 2010, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have had to cover Nettles eyes because if she saw that she would pack her bags and have be on the first train down to you!

It is amazing! Your torts are spoilt! If you ever feel the need to replicate what you have done, I wil gladly allow you to come to mine and do it all over again!

Hopefully summer will last a long time so they (and you) can spend a large amount of time out there!

Louise

xxx

LOL. Loved your comments, and I love your tort too. I have seen photos of Nettle. Adorable. Yes, I am deperately hoping for a good summer and yes, my torts are spoilt ! Sadly my 20 year old son no longer needs me as much as he did (boo hoo ), serious girlfriend and all, so the torts are getting the attention that would have been divided between the three of them !! lol.

Jackie

#4 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:08 PM

WOW-FLIPPIN-WEE!!!! That is fanbloomingtastic!!!Only critisim is the 'foot' feature in the 2nd picture....... :rolleyes: Also is that a climbing frame in the first picture - to the left of their house? Looks like the old monkey bar dome type!!! Do they use it often then... lol!!! Only joking!!!! Did you say that was a roof garden???? Do you mean theres a room below that???? Or am I being blonde?? (no offense Paula... :wub: )Funny enough I was toying with the idea of doing a water pebble thing like that in my enclosure so that I can ensure they have continuous water available....brilliant idea!

#5 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:00 PM

None taken Dawn. :D :rolleyes: Jackie, Hermie and Esmie's enclosure is fantastic!! You have had some great ideas , I love the elegant way the little guys climb from their ramp!! :D (I see what you mean about the Aloe Vera. :LOL: ) There are a few of us on this site with grown up children and spoilt torts. They're no trouble!Paula x

#6 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:08 PM

that is well smart!!!

#7 Guest_wuz06_*

Guest_wuz06_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:39 AM

Thanks Jackie! I agree though, all our torts are spoilt I think! Im 21 and live quite a hectic life but boy, does Nettle come first! She says jump, and I say how high! My boyfriend does this big sigh everytime I have a 'Nettle related story' as he says! I cant help it, I just love her to much! :wub: Louisexxx

#8 Guest_lovebug009_*

Guest_lovebug009_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:31 AM

Beautiful setup I am saving a picture in my "things I want to do" file :thinking:

#9 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:46 PM

wow ,what a brilliant enclosure for your torts it looks so pretty.
Jay,H and Becky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users