Need help with Indoor tortoise table!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Siobhan_*

Guest_Siobhan_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:28 PM

I'm buying a young Horsefield tortoise soon and I want to set up the table beforehand, but I'm slightly confused about lighting and heating.

I've looked at a brand called repti-glo, has anybody used this brand/ would anyone suggest it?

I'ved looked at the UVb tubes, 5.0 and 10.0 and as far as I understand these would supply the tortoise with UVb and vitamin D3, and that I would have to combine this with a 2.0 UVb tube to provide basking light.
I'm probably miles off with that conclusion, so it'd be muchly apriciated if someone could correct me and suggest another brand/ way of supplying my tortoise with enough heat and light to keep it healthy,

thanks.

#2 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:45 AM

Morning Siobhan,

If you are going for a seperate heat and UV set up, then I would say get a reptiglo 10 UV tube and then you can either get a heat lamp (must be white) or just use a reflector spot bulb (normal household one R60 I think) for heat. I think reptiglo do heat bulbs as well.

You don't need to use a 2.0UVB tube to provide heat, they are just for the UV.

Most of us use the combi bulbs that provide both heat & UV. There is another thread in the Hermanns bit going on at the mo about these...

PS Welcome to the forum from me & mine :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users