- - - - -

African Spurred tortoise Sulcata

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Frog_Man_*

Guest_Frog_Man_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2005 - 05:55 PM

hi, I'm new to this forum. I live in Thailand, and due to my specialty with Frogs and my collection, i've recieved the nick-name Frog_Man from my fellow hobbyist. But besides frogs, I also have a craving for turtles/tortoises, and here I present a question about my two biggest tortoises (currently in size), my pair of sulcatas.

Surfing the net i found a website that states that Sulcatas begin breeding when they are around 12-14 inches shell carapace, reguardless of age. Both my Sulcatas are about 13 inches shell carapace length, and for sure are a pair of male and female (identifying by the major tail differences), and they are kept outdoor in a cage that is around 5X5 meters in a hot climate (thailand), but why are they showing no signs of mating behavior at all?

Anyone know why? Or anything I could do to stimulate them to breed? I'd appreciate any comments, and thanks in advance

hope these pictures attached would help; I'll upload the rest of my tortoises some time later

#2 Guest_Joanne666_*

Guest_Joanne666_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:39 AM

Fabulous enclosure, you'll need it with sulcatas
Unfortunately this is a site for Hermann owners, and as sulcatas arent that common in the UK (due to their size), you probably wont get much help here........sorry :-)
Have you tried www.sulcatastation.com this is supposed to be an excellent site and they will direct you to a forum that can help you better than us
Good luck with your torts

#3 Guest_Frog_Man_*

Guest_Frog_Man_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2005 - 04:51 PM

oh sorry my bad, thanks for guiding me Joanne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users