- - - - -

Honeysuckle flowers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:34 PM

My honeysuckle is just starting to flower and the torts love the flowers. If you haven't got any, just find some that's growing over someone's fence and casually pretend to sniff the flowers while pinching off a couple rolleyes.gif

#2 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:20 PM

I used to have a honey suckle, but it got so much black fly, I gave up on it. But tortoises do love the flowers. Wont be long before Lavvy flowers are out. I have a good crop of campanula flowers at the moment that the torts love too.

#3 Guest_Ozric_*

Guest_Ozric_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:52 PM

Both my Laverteras were killed by the winter. I'll need to plant a couple of new ones in the autumn because its lovely to feed the flowers which last for ages.

Honeysuckle does well here too.

#4 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:51 AM

It seems that if you buy a pale pink Lavetra they can survive much colder temps than the bright dark pink ones:0)
I actually prefer the pale pink ones, and had a job finding one. When I did I took cuttings of it in the Autumn (pruning in back a little to allow more growth from the bottom) and the cuttings have taken (cuttings left outside, if they took they took if they didnt they didnt) and I now have several plants.
The dark pink one I had and was established in the garden also died with the cold this Winter.
Or maybe I have just been lucky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users