Jump to content


- - - - -

Edible weed.,


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Ilkeston_*

Guest_Ilkeston_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:53 AM

Hi everyone,

Well after trawling through the Internet I have ended up none the wiser so thought I would ask for your help. We have an abundance of weeds (most of which are toxic! Thank God for the field over the road!!) We had one in particular which has gone mad and we have lots of it but didn't want to rip it out before we checked whether it was toxic or edible. I have found out it's name and wanted to know if 'Redshank' is poisonous or not. We figured it would be because we have loads of it! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sharon
X

#2 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:17 PM

Sorry I have not heard of this one, a picture might well help.

#3 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:12 PM



Hi Sharon,

I google imaged it, and it is not a plant I am familiar with, the site I saw said this;

Redshank was regarded as nutritious and has been fed to horses and cattle as green food. The leaves are rich in vitamin C. However, the plant contains oxalates and is potentially toxic in large amounts.

Always the way with stuff that grows in abundance eh? rolleyes.gif

Paula x




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users