Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:45 PM

Here they are in all their glory:0)

#2 Guest_terrypin_*

Guest_terrypin_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:01 PM

lovely pictures Sandy all perfect as usual.healthy well kept adults make healthy hatchlings.congratulations.
terry

#3 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:41 PM

Thanks Terry, number eight is on her way out:0)

Whats the weather like in Jersey?
Its very hot and sticky here.

#4 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:44 PM

Hi Sandy,
Your baby hatchlings look wonderful.Didn't realise you had so many.You certainly have your hands full there Sandy!!!Are they all from the one female?Also how do they identify their mothers and have you named them yet or do you have to wait until their sex is established? I'm sorry for all the questions Sandy but this is an area I know very little about and it is quite fascinating!!!Many thanks!!! biggrin.gif
Kind Regards
Freddy biggrin.gif

#5 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:25 PM

They are from three different mothers, and I colour code them with a small blob of nail varnish.
Because I sell them, I try not to name them. Unless there is a real character amounst them.

#6 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (cyberangel @ Jun 25 2010, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They are from three different mothers, and I colour code them with a small blob of nail varnish.
Because I sell them, I try not to name them. Unless there is a real character amounst them.

That's really interesting Sandy!!! Thanks for the info. The nail varnish is an ingenious idea.I'd say you've had plenty of tort characters over the years.It's very hard to breed torts. here in Ireland with our temps. so it's fascinating to hear about the process in Kent.Once again many thanks for your kind reply!!! wink.gif
Regards
Freddy biggrin.gif

#7 Guest_terrypin_*

Guest_terrypin_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (cyberangel @ Jun 25 2010, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Terry, number eight is on her way out:0)

Whats the weather like in Jersey?
Its very hot and sticky here.

hi Sandy ,its fairly warm here also. the leopards love it some of the meds have started to estivate and i am digging the smaller ones out at night ,although if the heat continues i may let them have a few days sleep.no hatchlings here yet due in about a week hermans.the tgg have hidden all their eggs apart from 2 clutches one i found late and must have turned them the other clutch of 3 looks good so far.you can be sure i will be posting pictures on here.
terry

#8 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:56 PM

I cant wait to see your hatchling pictures Terry, they are always good pics.

#9 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:31 PM

they look great sandy well done.you lucky thing!!!

#10 Guest_Ozric_*

Guest_Ozric_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:48 PM

Sandy your babies look beautiful. It must be hard to see any of them leave but some lucky people will no doubt devote themselves to them when they get them home.

On the weather question - its been just fantastic here for the past two weeks. Hours of sunshine every day and nice temperatures right round the clock. Hasn't been this good here in June for years at least not kept going day after day. We deserve it after the winter we had..............

#11 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:03 AM

On the weather question - its been just fantastic here for the past two weeks. Hours of sunshine every day and nice temperatures right round the clock. Hasn't been this good here in June for years at least not kept going day after day. We deserve it after the winter we had..............
[/quote]

Dont we just Jonathan, I am surprised to hear the North of England are about to get a hose pipe ban. Something we have hear regularly, but not that often up north.

#12 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2010 - 07:14 PM

They look beautiful Sandy wub.gif a credit to your excellent husbandry xx

#13 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:38 PM

Hello Sandy,
your baby hatchlings look fabulous,congratulations.
Jay,H and Becky

#14 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:10 PM

I now have ten hatchlings:0)
The last one, I did what you shouldnt do, I opened the egg up. It was over due, and I candled it and thought it was infertile. Anyway the hatchling was sideways on, and I touched the back legs. It didnt move, so I thought it had died in shell. I opened up the rest, to have a hissing face look at me. She had a very large pink egg sac. Which is not normal (its normally like an egg inside yellow with red veins) So I got an egg box section (where the eggs sit) lined it with damp kitchen roll. Then put vasiline around the kitchen roll. I sat the hatchling in it. I put all in my heated propagator, and left her over night. Thankfully two thirds of the sac had aborbed. So covered what was left with mico pore and put her with the rest. Who in this heat, hide all the time. I have not put these outside yet as its been too hot. They would all bury down. Indoors I have the light on first thing in the morning, give them a bath. Then around eleven thirty I turn the heat/light off. And just leave the spare tube on that I have in the enclosure.
Once they are all eating I will put them outside.

#15 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:17 PM

WOW!!! Sandy, thats fantastic news!!! Can't wait to see more pics wub.gif

#16 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:45 PM

The info. you're giving regarding your hatchlings is invaluable!!! We are all learning a great deal from it!!!
Thanks for posting Sandy!!!
Regards
Freddy

#17 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:09 PM

Congratulations Sandy, 10! Wow!! They are beautiful, they'll be keeping you busy for a while!! biggrin.gif

Paula x

#18 Guest_Pat_*

Guest_Pat_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:51 PM

Sandy, Congrats - all gorgeous and I am very broody! It will be years before my 2 are big enough to breed. Unless of course I can persuade my OH to move somewhere bigger so I can get some more! rolleyes.gif

Pat

#19 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:07 PM

Thanks Pat, you never know what is around the corner:0)
They are now 11 hatchlings.

#20 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:26 PM

11???? Blimey Sandy...if I was you I'd stop posting....everytime you post there's another addition!!! LMAO!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

You are soooooo lucky though! Congratulations!! I think I've come to the conclusion that mine are gay biggrin.gif - nothing wrong with that of course...part from the 'becoming a grandma bit' rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users