one year old hermans tortoise

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_terrypin_*

Guest_terrypin_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:35 AM

just one of last years babies,im getting broody could be another week before i have hatchlings to photograph.also a quick vid of this little one getting shoved out of the way by mum.this is why they are kept seperate she is like a tank.

terry

video ,click to view

#2 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2010 - 07:23 PM

I wonder if they realise they are mother and child? Beautiful hatchling and Mum is gorgeous too! Is she UK (ok Jersey!) bred? She has a fantastically smooth shell!!! :wub: Look forward to seeing the pictures of the newbies!!!

#3 Guest_jackiedots_*

Guest_jackiedots_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:54 PM

Ouch !!!!! Be careful..you may end up with a pancake tort........ lol

Two lovely torts though.

Jackie

#4 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:49 PM

Lovely torts Terry!!! My compliments!!! They're very alert and as Dawn says have nice smooth shells!!!Can't wait to see your hatchlings!!! :D
Regards
Freddy :D

#5 Guest_terrypin_*

Guest_terrypin_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:54 PM

hi Dawn.that is Benjie the one with the bad leg who digs her nest with her good leg alone .i have had her over 25 years the old lady i got her from must have stood on it she had her for 25 years herself ,bought her from a local petshop when she was a lot smaller( the tortoise not the old lady)she has a complete break and seperation of the bone .our vet wasnt happy removing her leg so we are careful to make sure she has easy access to the nest site or otherwise a lot of pacing makes her leg sore from dragging it.her hatchlings are incredible real little fatties.not long to hatching now i think.
terry

#6 Guest_terrypin_*

Guest_terrypin_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:54 PM

thanks for looking Jackie and Freddy.
terry

#7 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

Fatties?! Such cute pics Terry, you must be bustin' to meet the newbies!!

Looking forward to the pictures!

Paula x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users