Introducing Tilly......

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_terrypin_*

Guest_terrypin_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (cyberangel @ Jul 7 2010, 07:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After seeing the second lot of pictures, I think she is a graeca graeca. Definitly either ibera or graeca. Sorry not to be more accurate. But some just are harder to tell apart. Especially if they have pyramiding.
I dont think I have seen such pyramiding in an adult of that size before. Unless the tortoise is a lot younger than she looks:0)

hi Sandy,i have been following this debate about Tilly and i really think she is ibera the more i look the more things i see to suggest it.the first vertibral scute has straight not round sides she has beautiful almond shaped eyes and the bottom of her femoral where it meets the plastral has a soft curve to the end and is not a sharp downward turn typical of graeca graeca.i have only ever owned one ibera so i will bow to your experience on this if you are sure.oh if she turns out to be a sulcata i will eat her shell as well lol.sorry sad sense of humour.i do agree she looks young and almost certainly captive born.
terry

#22 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:28 PM

Hi Terry

I think this is one you need to actually see in the flesh. As the keeper has tried hard with the pictures, but so far they have not been quite right to see properly. My instinct is ibera, but there is a niggle for graeca.
As you know the head is wider on an ibera than a graeca. But a good head shot has not happened yet:0)

#23 Guest_gail69_*

Guest_gail69_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:25 PM

Hi Sandy

I have to say i am no David Bailey. laugh.gif I bought a new camera about 3 months ago, hoping it would be easy to use. But I just can't get to grips with it. blush.gif So I don't think there is any point in me trying to post any more photos of Tilly.

So my next question is, is the care of a Graeca Graeca, the same as an Ibera, or do they require different care? I will look them both up and compare them, but in the meantime, I would welcome any advice you may be able to give me.

Many thanks

Gail
xx

#24 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:32 PM

Hi Gail

Thats fine, you will get used to the camera in time:0)
The care of both is the same. Although sometimes graecas are more prone to RNS when they are stressed. Other than that its exactly the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users