• Guests

Posted 10 August 2010 - 05:43 PM

do i need to put lighting: heat or uv in my outdoor enclosure??? :unsure:

#2 Guest_Pat_*

Guest_Pat_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:34 PM

Hi Chany,

Many people on here will have their own way of doing things, mainly depending on where they are in the country and how old their torts are.

Personally, I have both heating and lighting in my outdoor enclosure. Heating set at daytime/night time temps and a UV bulb (Reptisun 2) which comes on in the morning to wake them - if you get the sun on them first thing though you might just need it to come on later.

A lot depends on how old yours are and when you are looking to bring them in at the end of the summer.

Others will be along in a short while to offer some great advice.

Sorry I cant be more helpful.

Pat

#3 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:06 PM

At the moment mine don't have any additional heat/light. I'm in sunny surrey though and in all fairness we do get better weather here :rolleyes: even today when it's been cold and damp I've seen some of them eating.

#4 Guest_chany_*

Guest_chany_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:06 PM

i live in silverstone and they will be hatchlings???

#5 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:48 PM

Hello
I have basking lights and uvb strip light and 1 kw heater in H and Becky's outside enclosure,the lights come on at 7.30 every morning but i turn them off i when its a lovely day and when they go to bed i put them on until 8.00 just to warm there enclosure up ,i lock them up, then there lights go off for all night,the heater is not used at the moment but when the weather gets colder i will put there heater on which is controlled by a thermostat.
Jay,H and Becky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users