• Guests

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:40 PM

A few pics of roxys indoor enclosure :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Any suggestions for improvement will be much appreciated ;)

Thanks x

#2 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:59 PM

Hi Cara,
The indoor enclosure is splendid. You've really done a great job and put a lot into it. I don't know whether the straw is such a good idea for her bedding as it can contain mould and spores which are not too good for torts. Perhaps others will have more helpful ideas. Anyway congrats again Cara you've certainly put a lot of thought and effort into both enclosures and I think they're great. :D
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#3 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:47 PM

Thanks Freddy =D Roxy seems to like it anyway :) It's not straw I'm using it's readigrass, I have read that this is ok to use unlike hay etc..... :wacko: I'm sure I did x

#4 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:18 PM

WOW Cara, you can certainly tell Roxy's arrived! :LOL: Looks like she is being spoilt rotten... and why not?!! :wub:

A great enclosure, she has room for a pony!!

Can I just ask what you have used around the base of the pink flower? Tis only that recently one of my guys started eating small stones... never used to, and then had to wrestle them from her!! :rolleyes:

Paula x

#5 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:25 PM

Hi Cara,
I've heard about readigrass and you are indeed right it is fine. Sorry. You certainly have everything covered. Well done again Cara and best of luck. ;)
Kind Regards

#6 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:55 PM

thanks =) It it crushed oyster shell around the orchid. This is safe right? :blink: i f not I will remove it straight away. x

#7 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:56 PM

Thanks Freddy, that is good to know otherwise it would have been removed ;)

#8 Guest_terrypin_*

Guest_terrypin_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:27 PM

hi i have used graze-on which is similar to readi grass it is fine when fresh but if it gets damp or isnt changed often ,it starts to break down and will indeed harbour mold spores.also once it starts to break down it becomes incredibly dusty .so even if it appears clean and dry it must be replaced frequently as hermans do tend to urinate in their bedding.i must add you table looks lovely.
terry

#9 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:18 PM

Hi Cara,
As Terry says once you change the readigrass regularly it should be fine. Hope Roxy's doing well.Take care Cara ;)
Kind Regards

#10 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:16 PM

Thanks both =D how often would use recommend changing it? one a week or more often than that?
Thanks Freddy Roxy is doing great eating and peeing and pooing and stomping lol =D hope you and BillieJo are also well x

#11 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:38 PM

Hi again Cara,
I'd say once a week would be fine. Roxy is only a THB hatchling and wouldn't soil as much as an adult tort. Besides, anymore than once a week and you'd need bag loads of readigrass! ha! ha!!! Best of luck Cara. ;)
Kind Regards

#12 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:07 PM

Thanks Freddy will do that then ;) x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users