New Tort

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:51 PM

Hi Chaps,

A friend of mine has been asked to take care of this torty. Can anyone tell us what sort of tortoise he is so that we can make sure he is taken care of in the best possible way.

Thankyou.

Paula x

#2 Guest_gail69_*

Guest_gail69_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:58 PM

Hi Paula

Not a clue I'm afraid. But hope someone comes along soon and Id's him for you. Is it going to be long term look after, or just a short term arrangement.

Gail
xx

#3 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:29 PM

has it got spurs paula?

#4 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:29 AM

Its a very badly kept spur-thigh. I think its a graeca graeca, but because of the excellerated growth its hard to tell. Could be an ibera.
Certainly one of the two.

#5 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:02 PM

Thanks chaps. smile.gif

My friend is going to be taking care of him permanantly, I can't see any spurs Bruce but these are the only pics I have of him and they were taken on a phone so are not that clear.

I should be able to find some care sheets on 'tinternet' so that we can see what the little fella needs. He has a crooked mouth/beak but seems to be able to eat just fine. The person he came from loved him to bits, unfortunately as his shell shows didn't know what they were doing was wrong for torty. He has had the run of a large garden for at least 10 years and was brought indoors when the weather turned cold... and kept 'nice and warm to hibernate'. blink.gif

Luckily things are looking up for the little fella. My friend will see to that. Thanks for your help.

Paula x

#6 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:47 AM

Awwww wub.gif good luck to your friend I'm sure the tortie will be in good hands now, its unfortunate that a lot of people kept torts this way, I'm sure the previous owner did love him very much though. What made him give the tort up?

#7 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:48 PM

Thanks Dawn, the lady who owned him gave him up due to illness, but will be very welcome to visit him at my friends house.

Paula x

#8 Guest_SheilaS_*

Guest_SheilaS_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:10 AM

I might be wrong but it looks like a Horsfield to me. smile.gif My little one has very similar markings

#9 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:38 AM

definatly NOT a horsfield, sorry wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users