Tank has been to the vets...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_xsammie89x_*

Guest_xsammie89x_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:20 PM

Well i took tank to the vets today, he had his beak trimmed a bit, although he wasnt too keen on it and the vets didnt get a great deal off but anything is better than nothing. He checked him over and said his claws werent too bad and the dent on the underside of his shell seems okay and wont affect him or anything, just to keep an eye on it incase if gets infected.

The only problem was he was underweight. I couldnt get a poo sample in as tank decided not to do one today tongue.gif but ill try and get one in asap and get him tested for any parasites or anything.

So everythings looking good so far! Fingers crossed the poo sample will be fairly clear too.

Woohoo smile.gif

#2 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:43 PM

sounds like Tank has had a full MOT,hope all goes well when you get his poo tested.
Jay,H and Becky

#3 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:34 PM

That's great news Sam. biggrin.gif

The poo on demand thing is always a bit hit and miss. laugh.gif When I was wanting repeat samples after worming I didn't bath them the day before so that they were 'ready to go' on the morning I wanted samples. (more luck than judgement I'm sure but it worked... this time!) My vet told me that although the fresher the better with samples they can be kept in the fridge for a couple of days and still be ok to use.

Paula x

#4 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:22 PM

Hi Sam,
Glad to hear Tank did so well at the vets.Hopefully he will get the all clear with the worms too.Thanks for keeping us informed. Best of luck Sam wink.gif
Kind Regards
Freddy biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users