Out come on Alfie

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_littledeedee_*

Guest_littledeedee_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (Ozric @ Oct 22 2010, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dee it's so encouraging that you have made these changes which WILL benefit this tortoise! smile.gif

The water dish can be a bit annoying because they do trash everthing, get mud everywhere and make a mess. Try different ways of putting a little bowl out and maybe surround it with stones so that the soil doesn't always get dragged into the water. They DO drink from the water we put out for them but often they only do it when they think there is nobody around. Seriously! They are vulnerable to attack whilst drinking and take precautions.

Its fun and easy to learn weeds and some us here have built up quite a knowledge over time. I cultivate various kinds of weeds and flowers for the tortoises and find this very enjoyable. A lot of mine are in neat rows as though they were carrots. Get to know your clovers, plantains, sow thistles and vetches. Those ones are easy to learn.

Keep us updated on the progress of this special animal.
Ozric

________________________________________________________________________________

he seems to have stoped the skinny dipping since the proper heat lamp has been attached.. to be fair, he has stoped everything since the heat has been attached!! just sits and bathes under it all day (and night when its not even on)

cheers
D x

#22 Guest_littledeedee_*

Guest_littledeedee_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:51 PM

came home to find the boy almost escape his table today...

very impressed seeing as he is a belly dragger and thought he had no strentgh in his legs. Must of took him a while and can only imagine the frustraction on being removed from where he had got and placed in the middle of the table!!

any ideas of what can get him to climb? he has peices of bark and stones, he has absolutley NO interest in these but corners of the table trynna escape he loves and spends hours routing in the corners... maybe he just wants out!!

D
x

#23 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (littledeedee @ Oct 27 2010, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

very impressed seeing as he is a belly dragger and thought he had no strentgh in his legs. Must of took him a while and can only imagine the frustraction on being removed from where he had got and placed in the middle of the table!!

any ideas of what can get him to climb? he has peices of bark and stones, he has absolutley NO interest in these but corners of the table trynna escape he loves and spends hours routing in the corners... maybe he just wants out!!

D
x

tut, tut naughty Alfie lol
Sounds like he's keeping you on your toes biggrin.gif
x

#24 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (littledeedee @ Oct 27 2010, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

D
x

you know you said yesterday about one end of your table being dark
I picked one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item2a05249f21 up today at asda only 3 and then it was only 70p ish for a couple of 40w bulbs smile.gif
x

#25 Guest_littledeedee_*

Guest_littledeedee_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:11 PM

cheers Carla,
think I was just being para... Mum says its like the Northern lights over near him and his table! hahah

any advice re climbing bits?

#26 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:16 PM

Do you want things for him to climb or do you want to stop him climbing? x

#27 Guest_littledeedee_*

Guest_littledeedee_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:20 PM

i think I want to encourage him BUT not climb out/off the table.

Its good for them to climb isnt it?

#28 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (littledeedee @ Oct 27 2010, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think I want to encourage him BUT not climb out/off the table.

Its good for them to climb isnt it?

Erm...yeah I guess so lol I expect it's good for the muscles in their legs blink.gif as long as it's not to high up smile.gif
I think these are good http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item3a5fc5b753 you can get them in different sizes and they can climb over them or hide under them and you can adjust them to how you want them biggrin.gif
I think pets at home do them and you may find them at local pet shop smile.gif
Do you have pebbles in there?
x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users