Wireless Thermometers

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jon.weston_*

Guest_jon.weston_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:22 PM

Has anyone had any luck with wireless thermometers for monitoring hibernation temperatures?

Example: http://www.amazon.co...3...7339&sr=8-2

All the ones I have seen need a 'virtual line of site' whatever that is supposed to mean.

Steven is going into hibernation soon, (garage), and wanted some way of monitoring his temperatures remotely inside the house.

Was thinking of a wireless infra-red web cam too....maybe next year

Jon

#2 Guest_gail69_*

Guest_gail69_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:31 PM

Hi Jon

I bought one of these (it may not be the same make) a few weeks ago for the same purpose as you. Unfortunately I cannot get mine to keep contact with the receiver. It keeps losing the signal.

However, Dawn, bought one at the same time, and hers works just fine, and hers is inside an insulated brick tortoise house.

I'm not sure why mine will not keep contact. Maybe it is faulty. But as usual I didn't keep the receipt and now it is too late to take it back.

I know this answer is inconclusive of it's realiability, but all I can say is yes they can work and are a very good idea.

Gail
xx

#3 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:44 AM

HI Jon,

As Gail mentioned I too have one of these and find it fantastic! It works really well. The moniter is in my kitchen about 25ft away from tort house and as Gail said the walls to the tort house are really thick. Here's a link to the one I use (its a great price too!)

http://www.maplin.co...?ModuleNo=34745

#4 Guest_jon.weston_*

Guest_jon.weston_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:11 AM

I bought one of these from our local Maplin store for £12, and Steven has been hibernating in the shed about 30 foot away from the monitor in the kitchen, (conservatory between too), and it's working brilliantly. The sensor is taped to the inside of the top flap of the inner box so i get a true reading of Stevens sleeping environment. I can't recommend this wireless sensor more!

Jon

#5 Guest_jon.weston_*

Guest_jon.weston_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:13 AM

Just chewing fingernails and more grey hairs for the next few months :mellow:

#6 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:33 PM

Thanks for the feedback Jon, always good to know when something works! :D
And go careful chewing those grey hares!!! They might bite! :laugh:

Paula x

#7 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:46 PM

Hi Jon,
Sounds like an excellent device. Will have to get one from my local Maplin store. Thanks for sharing Jon. ;)
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#8 Guest_jon.weston_*

Guest_jon.weston_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:21 PM

Don't forget 4x AAA batteries!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users