- - - - -

rose petals

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_RyanClayton94_*

Guest_RyanClayton94_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:59 PM

i bought my tort some roses from morrisons, and have keft themon the window will for a few days. what needs to be done before he can eat them?x

#2 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (RyanClayton94 @ Nov 2 2010, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i bought my tort some roses from morrisons, and have keft themon the window will for a few days. what needs to be done before he can eat them?x

You need to remove any flowers on them rolleyes.gif and put them out side to 'weather' for about a month to wash all the chemicals away.
I also repotted mine in top soil to be on the safe side wink.gif x

#3 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:47 PM

Ryan you didn't mean cut flowers did you? These would not be suitable for torty food as they will have been 'forced' in growth with fertisizers and chemicals that will have been absorbed by the stems.

Paula x

#4 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (Hettie @ Nov 2 2010, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ryan you didn't mean cut flowers did you? These would not be suitable for torty food as they will have been 'forced' in growth with fertisizers and chemicals that will have been absorbed by the stems.

Paula x

Oopsie I didn't even think about cut roses blush.gif Sorry if that's what you meant Ryan wacko.gif x

#5 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:06 PM

I think Ryan now has all bases covered Cara! laugh.gif Between us we make a whole one!

Paula x

#6 Guest_RyanClayton94_*

Guest_RyanClayton94_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:25 PM

tbh im not sure mellow.gif they wer in a little pot, allredy grown. only 1 pound aswell tongue.gif x

#7 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (RyanClayton94 @ Nov 2 2010, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tbh im not sure mellow.gif they wer in a little pot, allredy grown. only 1 pound aswell tongue.gif x

Ah I think they should be ok Ryan after being weatherd. We were on about a Bunch of roses would be no good laugh.gif tongue.gif x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users