bleeding tort!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_littledeedee_*

Guest_littledeedee_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:50 PM

Yes the problem Tort is being a pest again.

just went over to see the boy as there was alot of noise coming from his direction (not that Im naming any names or anything....)

what a suprise, there he was caught mid climb on tipclaws. It seemed I had ruined his latest escape plan. He stopped moving and just stared at me mid air.... "I can darn well see you Alfie me boy! mummy isnt stoopid" dry.gif
(could almost hear an "ooh hoo busted" coming from him). blink.gif

Noticed a little cut on his neck... a very small open wound. obviousuly hurt in action!!
its not weeping anymore.

what would be best thing to do? just leave it to heal or bath in anything?

he dont seem to bothered as it hasnt put him off climbing again! cant see it being the last time i see blood sad.gif wub.gif

D
x

#2 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:07 PM

Hi Dee,
I'm not too sure of what is exactly safe to use on tortoise wounds. I would dip some cotton wool in sterilized water and gently clean the wound. Sorry, I can't think of anything better.
Kind Regards
Freddy

#3 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:20 PM

Bathe with diluted betadine/F10 or the like, you can get betadine from a chemist. Its a useful thing to keep in your tortoise first aid box:0)
Or salt water will do in the meantime.

#4 Guest_littledeedee_*

Guest_littledeedee_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2010 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (cyberangel @ Nov 11 2010, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bathe with diluted betadine/F10 or the like, you can get betadine from a chemist. Its a useful thing to keep in your tortoise first aid box:0)
Or salt water will do in the meantime.

thanks sandy... will get in the morn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users