Change in Torts behaviour

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_wwisey_*

Guest_wwisey_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:24 PM

Hi all,

My torts behaviour has changed a lot lately, at first we thought she was just having a funny couple of days but it has been a few weeks now.

Basically the main change is that she no longer buries down to sleep which she used to do everyday, its been about 4 weeks since we last saw here do this and even then she only snuggled down half way. She is also awake a lot more and wants to eat more, she is more lively now then she was in the summer!!

We have reduced her temperature down to 20-25, as we did last year to overwinter her but this has made no difference. She is awake when we get up at 6.30am and usually awake until 10pm, we have not seen her sleep in the day. When she does sleep she just stops where ever she is and pulls her head into her shell.

We wondered if this is because she a bit older now (2.5 years)?? Has anybody else notice a change like this with their tortoise as we are getting worried about her!!

Thanks

#2 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:12 PM

That is so weird because I was just wondering what was up with my tort Cola.. She is acting like a duracell battery.. full of life, wide awake and just doesn't want to sleep much at all, well not in her usual places.. She is eating slightly less but has been nibbling away at her cuttlefish with passion and also drinking alot too.

Do you think they are having a last minute splurge of power before slowing down?

Jeanette

#3 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:57 PM

Its probably because when they are outside, they get varying temperatures. Inside they have the same temperature all the time they are awake.

#4 Guest_wwisey_*

Guest_wwisey_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:52 PM

So do you think we she alter the temp every couple of days to try and settle her?

#5 Guest_wwisey_*

Guest_wwisey_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (JEANETTE @ Nov 21 2010, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is so weird because I was just wondering what was up with my tort Cola.. She is acting like a duracell battery.. full of life, wide awake and just doesn't want to sleep much at all, well not in her usual places.. She is eating slightly less but has been nibbling away at her cuttlefish with passion and also drinking alot too.

Do you think they are having a last minute splurge of power before slowing down?

Jeanette

Glad its not just Torts thats acting weird, she must have been like this for about 6 weeks now!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users