WAITING GAME

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:17 AM

Hi everyone :wacko:

Just an update... Cola is still pacing her table causing a real mess with her water and she keep standing up on her back legs scaling the wall?? Poor love, I just wish I could help her!

I have until Monday before the vet wants me to take her in to get induced.. Just wish i could give her a hot curry like a pregnant woman would do.. he he

Fingers crossed for her everyone

Jeanette @ Cola x

#2 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:15 PM

You will be lucky to get her to a vet on Monday Jeanette:0) There is so much snow around our area.
Pile up the soil up one end so she has a mound, if you have not already done this, it might help.
But she will lay when she is ready, especially if the temps are right. As I have said they can go weeks like this, until its the real time.
But all perfectly normal:0)

#3 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:12 PM

I have made a mound from soil but have I done the right thing and put it under her heat lamp? the rest of the table also has deep soil just incase she prefers to lay in her sheltered area. I just wish she would stay still for a while, she must be knackered!!
As she is indoors and i have the heating on do you think her temps are ok? It's about 30-33 under her lamp and it reads 25 at the cool end? I am bathing her twice a day.

thanks
Jeanette x

#4 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:36 PM

Your temps are fine Jeanette.
The mound under the light is fine too, provided her shell does not get burnt:0)
As you say its just the waiting game.

#5 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:49 PM

We're all holding our breath with you Jeanette! :laugh:

Hang on in there lovely!

Paula x

#6 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:45 PM

Hi Jeanette,
It can be a worrying time when your tortoise's behaviour changes so drastically. I would be the same if it were me. But you're in good hands with Sandy. We are all thinking of you and Cola. Best of luck Jeanette. ;)
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#7 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:39 PM

Ah thanks everyone it's so lovely knowing other people are genuinely interested in Cola.. My friends all roll their eyes everytime i mention her (which is normally 100 times a day at least :rolleyes: )

well she's fast asleep at the moment.. having sweet dreams of running in the garden eating flowers & weeds.. he he

thanks
Jeanette & Cola x

#8 Guest_gail69_*

Guest_gail69_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:45 PM

Hi Jeanette

I hope Cola lays for you soon so that you can get back to normal. Then you can shift your worry to the incubation of the eggs, and then the hatching of the eggs, and then of course the worry of looking after the hatchlings. While Cola goes back to her normal relaxed self. Ha ha.

Fingers crossed for you both.

XXXXX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users