Tortoise urine

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_MickyTort_*

Guest_MickyTort_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:05 PM

Hello guys.
Just had my baby Hermann out to show my Mum and it produced some water all over her hands. It came out like a water pistol..
Just wondering if this is normal. We then placed him on the floor and he produced a liquid puddle behind him. Is this normal???

He normally just urines in the bath and this comes out like a white gritty product.

#2 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (MickyTort @ Jan 13 2011, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello guys.
Just had my baby Hermann out to show my Mum and it produced some water all over her hands. It came out like a water pistol..
Just wondering if this is normal. We then placed him on the floor and he produced a liquid puddle behind him. Is this normal???

He normally just urines in the bath and this comes out like a white gritty product.

hi a tortoise will pee on you when it feels scaired or threatined.i try not to pick them up.they mite just think you mite want to eat them as in the wild the only time they would get picked up is if somthing wanted to eat it.

the white gritty stuff is urates and by the sound of it the tortoise could be dehydrated.baby torts inside can dehydrate quite quickly.how old is ur baby?more baths and try wetting the soil where it sleeps mite help

bruce

#3 Guest_Ozric_*

Guest_Ozric_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:23 PM

Hi. A friend of mine who is a bit lively came round to see the torts one day and she was holding the tort in her hand. She was just being friendly to the tort but she did get excited and the tort pee'd all over her hand.

Like Bruce says this can be caused by a fright and tho' it doesn't cause a huge problem it does mean your tort was quite scared.

Sounds like this tort has emptied the entire bladder all over your mum's hand. This is a response to being scared and the tortoise will now have no water in the bladder. Make sure he gets the chance to drink and I'm sure he will be fine.

Oz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users