- - - - -

Leopard tortoise Diet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_jenniphur_*

Guest_jenniphur_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:32 PM

Hi everyone.. I got so much help when my tortoise wasn't settling in well... now shes absolutely brilliant!

Theres so many condradictions on the internet of what to give them and what not too, different websites say complete different things! ... so Im a bit confused..
I have tried her with lots of different fruit and veg, but she really only seems to like lettuce, and Im scared to give her the things mentioned not to give her.
Is there anything you can recommend to try.. or plants that I could buy.
(I have some seeds planted for her, grasses etc..) but just wanted someone experienced in these guys to give me their opinion..

Thanks so much smile.gif
Jenny.

#2 Guest_brontie1328_*

Guest_brontie1328_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (jenniphur @ Jan 19 2011, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone.. I got so much help when my tortoise wasn't settling in well... now shes absolutely brilliant!

Theres so many condradictions on the internet of what to give them and what not too, different websites say complete different things! ... so Im a bit confused..
I have tried her with lots of different fruit and veg, but she really only seems to like lettuce, and Im scared to give her the things mentioned not to give her.
Is there anything you can recommend to try.. or plants that I could buy.
(I have some seeds planted for her, grasses etc..) but just wanted someone experienced in these guys to give me their opinion..

Thanks so much smile.gif
Jenny.

Hi, Leopard tortoise's need a diet high in fibre , lettuce isn't ideal , fresh grass would be a better option , fruit should not be given to leopards anytime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users