Out Of Hibernation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_robertsutton1978_*

Guest_robertsutton1978_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:08 PM

Hi All

My tortoise Bertie came out of hibernation on Saturday, I've been bathing him twice a day with repto-boost and he's eating again.
He still seems quite sleepy though, this morning I got him up, he ate a little bit and then spent the rest of the day in his hide.
I got him up again when I got back from work and he ate again but went back into his hide again.
Is it normal for them to still be un-active when they come out of hibernation or at this time of year ? He seems very much like he was prior to hibernation.
I've added extra u/v lights to his table and the temp under his megaray lamp is 32 degrees.
Can I do any more or is this just normal ?
Thanks

Robert

#2 Guest_gail69_*

Guest_gail69_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:52 PM

Hi Robert

I have my older tortoise out of Hibernation. And she is very inactive. Some days she moves about and another day she will stay in her corner all day. I think they can sense that it is still very cold outside.

So I don't think you have much to worry about. As long as you keep up the baths.

Gail
xx

#3 Guest_robertsutton1978_*

Guest_robertsutton1978_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:01 PM

Hi Gail

Thanks for the reply.
Good to know I'm not the only owner experiencing this. :)

Regards

Robert

#4 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:08 PM

Hi Robert
I bet your glad hibernation is over,my H and Becky are also out of hibernation and they love basking under there lamps in there outside house all day but not venturing out as its still too cold,i dont blame them.
Jayne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users