Anybody Need Wormer?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_SarahRoss_*

Guest_SarahRoss_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:38 AM

Just bought wormer for my little ones and there is way too much... date on pack is June this year so it wont keep that long, have taken out what I need for my big guy and there is still enough for a couple of big uns or a few lil uns.
Anybody want it? I hate waste and am happy to post on to anybody who needs it.

#2 Guest_SarahRoss_*

Guest_SarahRoss_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:39 AM

Its Kusuri tortoise wormer plus blush.gif

#3 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:28 AM

Hi Sarah,
That's very nice of you to offer. Afraid my tort doesn't need any at the mo. But thanks all the same. Someone else's might though. Best of luck wink.gif
Kind Regards
Freddy biggrin.gif

#4 Guest_ROSIE & BERTIE_*

Guest_ROSIE & BERTIE_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:45 PM

Do tortoise need worming? When we brought our the ladie told us they wont need worming as there not wormy pets.

Gemma x

#5 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (ROSIE & BERTIE @ Jan 29 2011, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do tortoise need worming? When we brought our the ladie told us they wont need worming as there not wormy pets.

Gemma x

if you got ur tortoise from a pet shop or the like.the chances are it will have worms!!!all tortoises can get worms!!!!!!

#6 Guest_SarahRoss_*

Guest_SarahRoss_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:42 PM

I would imagine they can pick up all sorts of things when outside and also when being fed weeds. I pick or grow my own weeds but even when washed you just never know whats laid eggs on them.

You are welcome to it if you like Gemma x

#7 Guest_ROSIE & BERTIE_*

Guest_ROSIE & BERTIE_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (SarahRoss @ Jan 29 2011, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would imagine they can pick up all sorts of things when outside and also when being fed weeds. I pick or grow my own weeds but even when washed you just never know whats laid eggs on them.

You are welcome to it if you like Gemma x

Ok thanks you, we are interested in having it. How do you give it to your tortoises?

Thanks
Gemma x

#8 Guest_SarahRoss_*

Guest_SarahRoss_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:07 PM

Hi Gemma
It will be in the post on Monday, all instructions are on the pack except dosage
How big is your tort?
Sarah x

#9 Guest_Ozric_*

Guest_Ozric_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:34 PM

I believe its best to know if your torts have got worms or not before using the treatment. Bruce is right that a lot do have worms but the worming treatment is a shock to the system and you also need to keep them on newspaper whilst it's doing its job and thrown out all the substrate.

You can get a test done to find out if there is a worm problem. If there isn't a problem, I personally don't use the treatment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users