Cola's acting gravid again??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

Hi Everyone

As many of you know Cola laid her first set of eggs on 20th December and I am pleased to say immediately returned back to her normal laid back self.. in fact I can normally set my watch by her, she is in such a good routine, however for the last 3 days she has been behaving weird again. Very similar to when she was carrying eggs. She is unsettled, climbing over anything and everything, scatching to come out of her table and generally pacing around. She has had no contact with any other tort's and is so far eating very well.

Any idea's what could be up?

Thanks

Jeanette & Cola xx

#2 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:21 PM

its quite common for hermanns to lay two clutches within a month!!!this happened to one of mine last year and the year before!!!so you mite have more eggs soon!!!she mite also have side affects from being injuced hormones!!!!!lornas full of them

bruce

#3 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:27 PM

OH NO not again :( when she had an xray in december there were only 4 eggs which she laid all 4 but would new ones grow that quickly? If it is side effects from her being induced would they be delayed like this?
She is driving me crazy!!!

Thanks
Jeanette & Cola

#4 Guest_littledeedee_*

Guest_littledeedee_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:37 PM

I feel for you Jeanette,

thats what my lil sod, i mean angel is like all the bloody time!
he drives me barmy, scratching, climbing and thuding!!!
hes on hos back more than on his feet, think he'd learn and get bored of it enuff NOT to keep climbing!!

Hope Cola settles soon for you

D x

#5 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:39 PM

i am not sure how long it takes for the eggs to develope inside the tortoise.i think its only a few weeks but i could be wrong!!sandy will know better

bruce

#6 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:45 PM

Poor you D..

I don't know how you cope with yours like it all the time :( Cola is so laid back and content in her table normally. I get home from work and let her have a walk around then bath then dinner and she then goes straight to her bed in the lounge (its a cats padded house, which she loves). She wakes up at exactly 8 oclock then stays in her table, no mess all day good as gold!!

I just can't cope with the noise and mess, she makes a racket..

I feel for you xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users