cola's pregnancy update!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:20 PM

Well she woke up early this morning and after her bath she went in her table and started digging straight away..Me and my husband were watching her from a distance, one eye on my mirror putting my face on and one eye on her.... :ohmy: she made a really deep hole and again I was ready with the camera. I had to go to work and left her burrowing away, she spreads her back legs right out and her bum keeps going up and down, a bit like when she has a big poo. She showed no signs of poking her head in and pushing and I unfortunately had to go to work. I shot home for lunch to check on her and she was just roaming around her table and the hole had disappeared??? She had completely covered the area up, so I didn't want to dig around and check as i had to go back to work and thought if she had laid then they would be better left where they are rather than disturb them. I gave her a bath and some food and went back to work..

As soon as I came home I got her out of her table and dug all around the area but have found no eggs? Do you think she just grew tired? or will she have these false alarms a few times before she drops them?

I can imagine how a pregnant woman's husband may feel!! :laugh: the waiting/anticipation is killing me :rolleyes:

fingers crossed for tomorrow!

#2 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:27 PM

hi they can make a few nests until they find one they like.just make sure the soil is deep enough if she feels the floor of the table it mite put her off.keep the soil warm and damp.shouldnt be to much longer though!!

good luck with her

bruce

#3 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:34 PM

I've no experience with such things but just to let you know everythings crossed for Cola! :wub:

#4 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:45 PM

Jeanette
keeping fingers crossed for Cola.
Jaynex

#5 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:23 PM

Hi Jeanette,
Thanks for keeping us updated. Hopefully it won't be long now. Hang in there Jeanette! Best of luck. ;)
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#6 Guest_terrypin_*

Guest_terrypin_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:35 AM

hi .they rarely cover abandoned nests it really sounds like she has laid.try looking a little further away from the original hole.i have seen eggs laid before then when i have gone back to recover them,cant find them at first.even though i know exactly where they were laid.it is really easy to miss them have a good look around it is likely you may have missed them.if you find them be careful not to turn them now they have been laid a while.
terry

#7 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:32 PM

I really checked thoroughly and no eggs :(
So I assumed today would be the day!! Gave Cola her bath this morning and bless her she was enjoying it so much her eyelids closed and she actually dozed off! :laugh: She woke up when she moved and splashed her face.. As soon as I put her in her table she started digging away.. I nipped into the lounge to have a look and it was quite comical as when I got close to her, she stopped abruptly and just turned and stared at me, so i moved away and when I was out of sight she continued digging away.
She carried on digging away as I left for work. Before I went I spied on her from the french doors and witnessed her stop digging then getting up and having something to eat.. It's as if she's only digging to make me happy and as soon as I go out she stops.. :laugh:

Is she winding me up on purpose?? I am bringing out her old tortoise table tomorrow and hoping that she may prefer to lay away from the house she lives in normally!

I am not worried that much as I know at least she is going to do it herself this time, she never dug at all last time..

Sorry guys, need you to continue keeping everything crossed.. I'm off tommorrow so will be armed with my camera should it happen.

Jeanette & Cola xx

#8 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:52 PM

Jeanette
keeping fingers crossed,let's hope it's tommorrow.
Jaynex

#9 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:24 PM

Fingers crossed from me too Jeanette! Here's hoping she lays the eggs soon! ;)
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users