new home design

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_john V_*

Guest_john V_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:46 PM

Hi,
Im new to this forum, but am a proud father to gordon who is a hermanns tortoise thats approximatly 3 years old. I am wanting to design him a completely new enclosure this year, as when i got him i bought a tortoise starter kit from pets at home, this vivarium is now starting to look a lil cramped for him. So I was wondering if anybody had any advice on sizes I should make it, or any websites that could help me get started. I have seen some amazing ones on here and cant wait to get started on one to give gordon a bit of a better life.

#2 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:14 PM

Hi John,
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new tortoise 'Gordon'. The length of your enclosure should be at least 10 times the length of your tortoise and the width of the enclosure should be at least 5 times his length. Suffice to say the bigger the better! If you google tortoise/ indoor enclosure you will find a wealth of information. Hope this helps. Best of luck. ;)
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#3 Guest_john V_*

Guest_john V_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:11 PM

Hi Freddy,
Thanks for the reply. Iv started putting some ideas down on paper today. not gonna get much building done till april tho due to moving to a bigger place, but this should mean I can make gordon a extravagant mansion hehe. :D

#4 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:13 PM

Hello and welcome
There are some good outside enclosures to give you some ideas on this forum.
Jayne
H,Becky and Humptyx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users