bulb temperatures not great

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_MrsG_*

Guest_MrsG_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:10 PM

Hi all.

My zoo med powersun 100 uv/heat combined bulb isn't creating 34 degree hot spot for Shelby anymore. The most it has reached is 28, even with the heating on in the house. Don't have a UV meter so not sure about that but Shelby has been less active than she was.

I have emailed surrey pet supplies as on thier website it says they have an 8 month life and I've only been using it for 4!!

Has anyone else has problems with the zoo med?

They have an arcadia bulb on there now http://www.surreypet...-lamp-100w.html which seems very cheap! Has anyone used these before? I know you pretty much get what you pay for so don't want to just buy the cheapest but wondered what experience people have had!

Thanks

Jo

#2 Guest_Ozric_*

Guest_Ozric_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:55 PM

Hi Jo

Arcadia are working hard to increase their market share and have new products which do look like they will be good. I haven't tried the lamp you have posted the link to - maybe someone else here has?

One option with your zoomed might be to lower it a bit to get the heat you need. I think it is unlikely that you would be exposing Shelby to an excess of UVB by doing this. Another option might be to use another lamp of some kind alongside your zoomed for extra heat. A normal bulb can do this although you would have to experiment a bit by moving it about to get the temp that you want.

#3 Guest_MrsG_*

Guest_MrsG_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (Ozric @ Feb 13 2011, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Jo

Arcadia are working hard to increase their market share and have new products which do look like they will be good. I haven't tried the lamp you have posted the link to - maybe someone else here has?

One option with your zoomed might be to lower it a bit to get the heat you need. I think it is unlikely that you would be exposing Shelby to an excess of UVB by doing this. Another option might be to use another lamp of some kind alongside your zoomed for extra heat. A normal bulb can do this although you would have to experiment a bit by moving it about to get the temp that you want.

You were right! Advice from ZooMed is to lower the lamp as it gets older! Roll on some summer sunshine!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users