Here's baby number 2, hatched late this afternoon

weighing exactly 7 grams too..

Jeanette & Cola x

#2 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:23 PM

Jeanette
congratulations again,have you thought of any names yet?
Take care
Jayne,H,Becky and Humptyx

#3 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:29 PM

I've only just seen your other post and replied about number 1!! And now here he is!! :wub:

OMG!! This is fab news! :D Congratulations you must be sooooo excited!! I am! :laugh:

That is me completely broody again!!

Paula x

#4 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:35 PM

Congrats AGAIN lol great looking tort baby..... You must be bursting with excitement lol x

#5 Guest_littledeedee_*

Guest_littledeedee_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:02 PM

GAWJUS!!!!!!
come on number 3!!

D x

#6 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:16 PM

Bursting with excitment is an understatement!!!

I haven't chosen names as I have very excited friends who are having them.. Just hope I can let them go eventually :wub:

I am having Cola Chipped on Wednesday and Mr Malibu is also being chipped (the dad) so we can get the paperwork to be able to pass them on! Does it hurt them? poor Cola, she hates the vets, she always wee's & poo's herself :unsure:

As Sandy lives quite near the vets, I'm popping in to meet my babies and I can introduce Cola to her..

Jeanette xx

#7 Guest_MrsG_*

Guest_MrsG_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:26 PM

Wow another cutie!!! They are both just lovely! Congrats :)

#8 Guest_littledeedee_*

Guest_littledeedee_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:12 AM

Hi, no the chipping dont hurt. they dont even know its there. Alfie has been and no problems with his :)

I wouldnt be able to let them go, so good luck to your friends PRIZING them out of your hands.... mind you, good luck getting them off Sandy! ha

D
x

#9 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:50 PM

Hi Jeanette,
How wonderful you now have hatchling number 2. Here's hoping for number 3! So delighted for you. Best of luck Jeanette. ;)
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#10 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:56 PM

great news jeanette r u going to keep them???

#11 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:41 PM

I would love to but really don't have the room at the moment as we are having an extension built. I may keep some later but at the moment I have some very good friends who want to give them a home.. I am being very fussy where they go, and will insist on constant access..he he

I am just sorting out the paperwork before I can let them go..

Jeanette & Cola x

#12 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:19 PM

hi jeanette.do you know what sub species you have?hercegoviensis are lighter than boettgeri when born

bruce

#13 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:42 PM

I am really not sure bruce. I would love to find out so I'm off work this week so I will take lots of pics of Cola from underneath and her back legs/bum so maybe someone can tell me. She is very dark black and yellow. My friend has the male (Mr Malibu) who we are seeing on wednesday when are both having them chipped at the same time so I will get photo's of him too.
I assume the vet will know as he is a very experienced tort owner/breeder.

I just can't wait to meet them on Wednesday and hope to bring them hope later in the week, as Sandy is going away.

Thanks for taking an interest

Jeanette xx

#14 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:48 PM

if you get some pics ill have a go.i have 4 boettgri and 5 hercs.when i said lighter i ment in weight didnt make myself very clear sorry!!!

bruce

#15 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:14 PM

ha ha.. maybe you did and i'm just being dizzy.. Ok i'll get some pics.. You have 9 hermanns?? wow, how do you manage? I find one takes all my time and attention at the moment. I bet when I get the babies home I won't be able to let them all go.. I am in love with them already!

After I have had Cola chipped does it take long to get the paperwork for the babies?

Thanks
Jeanette x

#16 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:23 PM

they really look after themselfs.i am working away most weeks just now the girlfriend feeds them and thats it.if i were you i would wait until the next batch has hatched as u will have to pay again to register the babys but if you wait to see how many you will get then get them all done at the same time it will work out less to pay out for you
bruce

#17 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:14 PM

Oh I didn't think about that. Do you know roughly how much it costs? Is it done per tort? I am hoping that the next 4 will be fertile, one looks good already, they were only laid on 11th Feb.
Do you think it will be ok for Cola to be introduced to her hatchlings? They won't be left unsupervised but is their immunity system ok to mix?
Also yet another question... If I was to keep some, when they are old enough how do you stop the males & females mating? Is it ok for siblings to mate? seems soooo wrong??? :unsure:

Sorry to bombard you with questions..
Jeanette x

#18 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:13 PM

i think its 25 quid a clutch but if you hold of until they all hatch then you could put them down as 1

i think that if you dont hatch the eggs from brother and sister ther wont be a problem.

bruce.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users