Worming

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_akaha_*

Guest_akaha_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:54 PM

Hello
could you please tell me how often i should be worming my torts? i have always used butter nut squash, but just come across Kusuri tortoise wormer plus, would this be better or is the butter nut squash as good. Please give me some advise rolleyes.gif

#2 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (akaha @ Feb 25 2011, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello
could you please tell me how often i should be worming my torts? i have always used butter nut squash, but just come across Kusuri tortoise wormer plus, would this be better or is the butter nut squash as good. Please give me some advise rolleyes.gif

I don't have the answer to your question i'm afraid but I have read that lots of people give butternut squash to their torts as a treat but I have tried several times and she doesn't seem the least bit interested?? Do you just chop it up small? Don't you find it's a bit hard for them?

Thanks
Jeanette

#3 Guest_akaha_*

Guest_akaha_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (JEANETTE @ Feb 25 2011, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't have the answer to your question i'm afraid but I have read that lots of people give butternut squash to their torts as a treat but I have tried several times and she doesn't seem the least bit interested?? Do you just chop it up small? Don't you find it's a bit hard for them?

Thanks
Jeanette

i use a food mixer and add it to their food, hope this helps

#4 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:52 PM

hi if you think ur tort or torts have worms then a poo sample is needed for the vet.

some people who have lots of torts worm them in the spring or late summer.i have started to do this but a lot of people dont think this is rite but its up to you.if its only one tort then i would just take a poo sample to the vet and if it has worms they will treat it.

bruce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users