Time to wake up!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_porkchop_71_*

Guest_porkchop_71_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:07 PM

Hi there

Well tomorrow I will be waking Herb and Bert up, this has been their first hibernation and they have been hibernated for 12 weeks, their weight losses have been just under 10% each, I have spent all day building them a new indoor enclosure which hopefully they will like! Fingers crossed everything will be ok!!

#2 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:22 PM

good luck for tomorrow.i leave mine at room temp for a few hours b4 i put them near a bath and heat and light.

bruce

#3 Guest_porkchop_71_*

Guest_porkchop_71_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:32 PM

Hi Bruce

Yes I was a bit worried about heating them up suddenly, I think i shall take your advice thanks

Rachel

#4 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:28 PM

Hi Rachel,
Glad to hear Herb and Bert will be out of hibernation tomorrow. Best of luck with them. ;)
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#5 Guest_porkchop_71_*

Guest_porkchop_71_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:11 PM

Well I woke them both up this morning I bathed them and they both drank, they ate a small amount of food each then spent 3 hours demolishing their new enclosure!! they were full off energy not sure i was expecting that. they both then fell asleep under the heat lamp, I'm assuming therefore that they must be ok, not sure if any of them have urinated yet i couldnt tell but im assuming if they've drank then they probaby have. However one thing has concerned me not sure who but one of them had pooed and it had aubiose in it this must have been prior to going into hibernation as i now use sand/soil.

#6 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:44 PM

Aww that sounds like they are both doing great! :wub: You must be so pleased to have them up and about again. :D

It is ok for them to have pooed in hibernation and it is also quite normal (not neccessarily recommended) that they might try and eat substrate whilst in wind down. Hopefully the aubiose has now completely passed through!

I'm hoping for just two more weeks and then my little guys will be up. :)

Paula x

#7 Guest_porkchop_71_*

Guest_porkchop_71_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:02 PM

Hi Paula

Yes im very relieved that they are both up and about and seem fine, however im going to need to rethink their enclosure i forgot how big they were and how destructive they could be!

Good luck with yours!

Rachel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users