Worried about eyesight

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (Wotsit @ Mar 9 2011, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks - that's about half the price of the 60w I bought and more than twice the price of the 100w lol (live and learn with tortoises eh!?)
The fitting here is a bayonett but I know you can get something to convert bayonet to screw-in if they don't do this as a bayonet that is.
Many thanks!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item19c28e4a4f is this the sort of thing you mean? they might sell them at a local b&q just make sure it can take up to 100w wink.gif I've not seen the bulbs in a bayonet and had a quick search and found nothing x

#22 Guest_Wotsit_*

Guest_Wotsit_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (miller07 @ Mar 9 2011, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item19c28e4a4f is this the sort of thing you mean? they might sell them at a local b&q just make sure it can take up to 100w wink.gif I've not seen the bulbs in a bayonet and had a quick search and found nothing x

I will look, thanks loads!

This is the type of adapter I had in mind. It's a shame but the tortoise table I bought has a bayonet fitting rather than screw-in and I soon discovered the screw-in would have been better or easier re finding bulbs. I'm sure the bulb posted earlier is what I have in 60w. I bought it from a pet shop. I have heard since that any reflector spotlight is ok so I bought the 100w in B&Q (2 for 2!) xx

#23 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (Wotsit @ Mar 9 2011, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will look, thanks loads!

This is the type of adapter I had in mind. It's a shame but the tortoise table I bought has a bayonet fitting rather than screw-in and I soon discovered the screw-in would have been better or easier re finding bulbs. I'm sure the bulb posted earlier is what I have in 60w. I bought it from a pet shop. I have heard since that any reflector spotlight is ok so I bought the 100w in B&Q (2 for 2!) xx

Yeah I buy the cheapo reflector bulbs too. got 8 60w ones for 4 in asda, got some in morrisons but for some odd reason they didn't work in my light holder yet worked in my lamps n light huh.gif Hope wotsit is still enjoying the table makeover wink.gif x

#24 Guest_Wotsit_*

Guest_Wotsit_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (miller07 @ Mar 9 2011, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I buy the cheapo reflector bulbs too. got 8 60w ones for 4 in asda, got some in morrisons but for some odd reason they didn't work in my light holder yet worked in my lamps n light huh.gif Hope wotsit is still enjoying the table makeover wink.gif x

He is thanks :-)

Odd about the bulbs, at least you can use them elsewhere though. xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users