Torts still in the fridge

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_English Rose_*

Guest_English Rose_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:11 AM

Hi Guys

Just a quick question... has anybody else still got their torts in hibernation???

I was due to take them out of the fridge last weekend but due to the really cold weather were having here in Cumbria at the moment i have left them where they are. Our temperatures are not getting above 3 degrees and unfortuantely there are no weeds growing in the garden either!

Should I leave them where they are or should I take them out and see how it goes???

cheers

Lynne

#2 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:23 AM

mines are out but if they are not loosing any weight.they should be fine.when did you put them in?

bruce

#3 Guest_English Rose_*

Guest_English Rose_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:13 PM

Theyve been in since the beginning of December

#4 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:12 PM

As Bruce has said, if they are not loosing weight, then leave them another week at least. It has to warm up soon:0)

#5 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:25 AM

I put mine in at the end of December and will be bringing them out in the last week of March, when they will go into their indoor enclosure, with fancy lettuce and the few weeds I can find. Their opuntia cactus is coming on well. It won't be warm enough where we live until mid april, I expect for them to go outside.

#6 Guest_brontie1328_*

Guest_brontie1328_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:16 PM

The most important thing is have they lost any weight , have they urinated during hibernation , and age ?

#7 Guest_English Rose_*

Guest_English Rose_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:09 PM

I took them out of hibernation yesterday as i feel theyve been in long enough... just weighed them today and im glad to say they havent lost any weight :0)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users