weight

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_logan_*

Guest_logan_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:14 PM

Hi,
I am very new to this forum, I've had Logan, my tort since Jan 11, and everywhere I read about them says I need to keep an eye on his weight, but where can I find reference points for this? He is 2 yrs old, seems to be eating well, although his poo'ing is tempremental.
Thank you blush.gif

#2 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:26 PM

hello welcome to the forum.i take it you are on about a hermann?

at the top of this page.there is jacksons ratio in green under lined?click that and you will see a chart.you will have to weigh and measure your tortoise

bruce

#3 Guest_logan_*

Guest_logan_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (brucefairweather @ Mar 9 2011, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello welcome to the forum.i take it you are on about a hermann?

at the top of this page.there is jacksons ratio in green under lined?click that and you will see a chart.you will have to weigh and measure your tortoise

bruce

Hi Bruce,
Yes he's a Hermann, thanks for your help I will have a look at that now rolleyes.gif

#4 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2011 - 05:01 PM

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum, biggrin.gif

This link is for a hatchling weight chart: http://postimage.org/image/w457dtwjo/

These charts are only a guide. I weigh my little guys weekly and find this a useful way to keep an eye on how they're doing.

Paula x

#5 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2011 - 05:14 PM

I've just looked at this chart more closely, it suggests it is for hatchlings under 6 months old and yet goes up to 85mm. My little guys were born July 07 and are 77mm and 81mm wacko.gif rolleyes.gif No wonder I'm always so confused!

Keep weighing them, keep a chart and aim for 2-3g weight gain per month, don't worry too much about one single weigh in, it does vary, biggrin.gif adjust food intake accordingly!! laugh.gif

Paula x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users