urates

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:43 PM

Help!!!! lol found a urate for the 1st time ever today in Indie & Roxys enclosure and it was a slightly gritty one.
Not sure which one it belonged to wacko.gif
Now I know this is a sign of dehydration and this is the 1st one I've ever seen although hubby now tells me he found one last week but had no idea what it was rolleyes.gif
They are bathed daily for as long as they are willing to stay in there, have water in their enclosure, they normally walk under the water when we spray soil and they're food is always run under the tap before feeding.
So my problem is I don't really know what else I could do blink.gif I just done a quick google search and seen it suggested a few times to feed some cucumber.
Is this ok and how often should it be fed?
Any advice will be much appreciated biggrin.gif
Many thanks x

#2 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:04 PM

Hi Cara,
The only thing I could suggest is that you up the bathing to twice a day. Also, provide them with a dish of water if you haven't already done so. I'm not too sure about the cucumber. Hopefully there will be others along shortly to offer you more helpful advice. Take care Cara. wink.gif
Kind Regards
Freddy biggrin.gif

#3 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (Freddy McGavin @ Mar 14 2011, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Cara,
The only thing I could suggest is that you up the bathing to twice a day. Also, provide them with a dish of water if you haven't already done so. I'm not too sure about the cucumber. Hopefully there will be others along shortly to offer you more helpful advice. Take care Cara. wink.gif
Kind Regards
Freddy biggrin.gif

Hi Freddy
Thanks , yup they have a dish of water in their enclosure : x

#4 Guest_brontie1328_*

Guest_brontie1328_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (miller07 @ Mar 14 2011, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Freddy
Thanks , yup they have a dish of water in their enclosure : x

Yes your right it is a sign of dehydration , they really need soaking for 15mins every day , the best way to stop them getting out of the water is to use a washing up bowl ( not the one you use for the dish's ). hope this helps.

#5 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:21 PM

Hello
I would give two baths a day as it is a sign of dehydration,cucumber does have a high water content but dont use on a daily basis only as a treat,if i was you i would stick to baths.
Jayne,H,Becky and Humpty

#6 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (brontie1328 @ Mar 14 2011, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes your right it is a sign of dehydration , they really need soaking for 15mins every day , the best way to stop them getting out of the water is to use a washing up bowl ( not the one you use for the dish's ). hope this helps.

Hi Chris
Thanks for your reply, they are bathed in a litter tray, they don't climb out but climb the sides constantly untill they are taken out when they've had enough rolleyes.gif .........

QUOTE (jay @ Mar 14 2011, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello
I would give two baths a day as it is a sign of dehydration,cucumber does have a high water content but dont use on a daily basis only as a treat,if i was you i would stick to baths.
Jayne,H,Becky and Humpty

Hello
Thanks for your reply think I will up the baths to twice a day for now wink.gif

Thanks again both for your replys much appriciated x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users