hatchlings eye problem??

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:37 PM

Hi everyone

Hatchling number 2.. (still not named yet) has had problems opening one of her eyes when she wakes up. It stays shut and only opens about an hour later. It seems to be nice and bright and certainly hasn't affected her appetite or zest for life. They are being bathed twice a day and after this it seems to open ok until she nods off again??? Is there anything I should be doing?

Also on 2 occasions she has had a wee in the bath and it looks dark pink in colour?? Could this be because she has eaten a bit of the red lettuce that comes in the florette mix?

Any advice appreciated

Jeanette x

#2 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (JEANETTE @ Mar 22 2011, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone

Hatchling number 2.. (still not named yet) has had problems opening one of her eyes when she wakes up. It stays shut and only opens about an hour later. It seems to be nice and bright and certainly hasn't affected her appetite or zest for life. They are being bathed twice a day and after this it seems to open ok until she nods off again??? Is there anything I should be doing?

Also on 2 occasions she has had a wee in the bath and it looks dark pink in colour?? Could this be because she has eaten a bit of the red lettuce that comes in the florette mix?

Any advice appreciated

Jeanette x

Hiya, hope she's ok?
Have you fed her dandilion at all? as they can cause reddy pinky pee.
x

#3 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (miller07 @ Mar 22 2011, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hiya, hope she's ok?
Have you fed her dandilion at all? as they can cause reddy pinky pee.
x

she had some dandelion leaves friday but not since then as went to get some and they have dissapeared.. They are a worry aren't they?

This is the tort who has unabsorbed egg sac.. she still has the micro pore on as i am afraid to take it off!! She is the funny tort out of the 2 and stands up on her back legs and leaps, especially in her bath and makes a big splash! ha ha xx

#4 Guest_brontie1328_*

Guest_brontie1328_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (JEANETTE @ Mar 22 2011, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone

Any advice appreciated

Jeanette x
can you take a picture of this eye ?

#5 Guest_Lyds123_*

Guest_Lyds123_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (JEANETTE @ Mar 22 2011, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
she had some dandelion leaves friday but not since then as went to get some and they have dissapeared.. They are a worry aren't they?

This is the tort who has unabsorbed egg sac.. she still has the micro pore on as i am afraid to take it off!! She is the funny tort out of the 2 and stands up on her back legs and leaps, especially in her bath and makes a big splash! ha ha xx

Awwww she sounds so cute! xx

#6 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:29 PM

I have tried taking a close up pic of her eye, however it is so unclear as I have a crap camera!! it seems much better today but I am really concerned about the colour of her wee.. it is really dark pink.. not as dark as blood and not at all thick, am I just being paranoid??

Jeanette x

#7 Guest_brontie1328_*

Guest_brontie1328_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (JEANETTE @ Mar 24 2011, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have tried taking a close up pic of her eye, however it is so unclear as I have a crap camera!! it seems much better today but I am really concerned about the colour of her wee.. it is really dark pink.. not as dark as blood and not at all thick, am I just being paranoid??

Jeanette x
that isnt right i would take her to a reptile vet as soon as you can , i would also try to take a sample with you if poss.

#8 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:35 PM

The earliest I can get her in is monday, so I have booked an appointment. The weird thing is she is eating well and really lively and she has gained a good weight??
What do you think it could be?

I will let you know how i get on.
Thanks
Jeanette x

#9 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:37 PM

Best of luck Jeanette, we shall have everything crossed!

Paula x

#10 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (JEANETTE @ Mar 24 2011, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The earliest I can get her in is monday, so I have booked an appointment. The weird thing is she is eating well and really lively and she has gained a good weight??
What do you think it could be?

I will let you know how i get on.
Thanks
Jeanette x

Hope the little ones ok Jeanette x

#11 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:44 PM

me too... she is kinda my favourite cos she has the tummy egg sac problem and the back of her shell is jagged and hasn't grown fully.. but she has me in stitches, she just leaps around and sleeps with one back leg poking straight up...

I don't know how to get a sample, as she does it normally in her bath? she has had a wee on some of the chippings that are around her water dish and they they turned dark pink?

thanks for the good wishes xx

#12 Guest_Lyds123_*

Guest_Lyds123_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:54 PM

Nawww sad.gif
Hope all goes well Monday
xx

#13 Guest_littledeedee_*

Guest_littledeedee_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (JEANETTE @ Mar 24 2011, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
me too... she is kinda my favourite cos she has the tummy egg sac problem and the back of her shell is jagged and hasn't grown fully.. but she has me in stitches, she just leaps around and sleeps with one back leg poking straight up...

I don't know how to get a sample, as she does it normally in her bath? she has had a wee on some of the chippings that are around her water dish and they they turned dark pink?

thanks for the good wishes xx

hahhahah.. Alfie sleeps like that, head out front left leg out and back right leg out. looks soooo funny.
like superman wub.gif wub.gif

she seems like she has been in the wars already bless her. what is this with the egg sack still attached? what that mean?

D x

#14 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:42 PM

Hi Jeanette,
Hope everything goes well for your little one at the vets.
Kind Regards
Freddy

#15 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:24 PM

Jeanette
Hope all goes well for your little one at the vets monday.
Jayne,H,Becky and Humpty

#16 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:59 PM

Ahh!! wub.gif wub.gif thanks everyone..

I saw her do her 1st poo today! well I saw the remains of it, she obviously dragged her tummy through it it was everywhere.. this looked normal, which was a relief..

I am looking forward to her getting checked out by the vet, he needs to check out her tummy and try and take off that micro pore.

I will let you know monday when I get back (hope he doesn't keep her in sad.gif )

Jeanette xx

#17 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:02 PM

. what is this with the egg sack still attached? what that mean?

When they are cracking out the egg they finish absorbing the egg sac (yolk) and it should be all healed but sometimes it hasn't healed properly and some yolk is still poking out of a hole in their tummy.. It normally goes in after a few days but hers just hasn't ..

Hopefully Mark my brilliant reptile vet will tell me more... xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users