- - - - -

is there a type??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_summer8507_*

Guest_summer8507_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:55 PM

Hi everyone, i was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a type of tortoise that has a bumped up shell but as it grows it smooths out??????
i know that sounds like a random question but my aunty has got herself a tort not long ago but i havent been to see her yet and i still dont know the name of tort yet and my mum went to see her and came bk with that info from her?????????????
thanks guys xxxx

#2 Guest_gail69_*

Guest_gail69_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:49 PM

I have to say, that I am no expert on torts by any means, but I know I have never heard of a tortoise like that. So does that mean you Aunty has a bumpy tortoise and was told it will get smoother as it grows??

Because I don't think that would be true.

Gail
xx

#3 Guest_summer8507_*

Guest_summer8507_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:06 PM

Thanks for your reply gail, that was my though exactly! her tort is 18 months and like i said no idea about it yet still not been to see her or speak to her but thats the only thing i can come up with! been driving myself nuts over this!! thanks again gail
gem xxx

#4 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:28 AM

The lumpy shell is caused by incorrect feeding - either diet or too much. You can't get rid of the bumps, but changing feeding will ensure it doesn't get worse

#5 Guest_summer8507_*

Guest_summer8507_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:46 AM

Thanks lin iv passed on all that info to my aunty, given her my tort lady's website etc, only tort i can find that has lumpy shell is an indian star tort and i dont think its one of those as they have a distinctive bumpy shell that is not ment to got flat!
i would guess she was just told a load of old twoddle!!
gem xxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users