New outdoor enclosure in the making

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BeatBeat_*

Guest_BeatBeat_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:24 PM

I'm in the progress of building an outdoor enclosure for 'the girls'. i want something that will last for a few years for them.

So far we have a 3ftx2ft cold frame (so they have somewhere warm to hide from rain or whatever) and a little outdoor run (currently about 4ft long) for them. I still have quite a bit to do. I've taken up some of the grass but need to remove some more. I'm using some of my numerous puppy pens as fencing at the moment but need to decide on the fencing & lid (exploring the idea of attaching a rabbit run to cold frame) I'm hoping that having the cold frame will also mean they can go outside even on those little cooler days.

I'm hoping they will not dig out as I have placed this on the soil without a base. What do you think? Suggestions/ideas welcome.

Attached File  outdoor_1.JPG   1.55MB   49 downloads

#2 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:37 PM

Looking good Beatbeat, where did you get the coldframe if you dont mind me asking? Is it sturdy?
Not sure about them digging down I just added some weed sheet stuff underneath mine and put top soil on it to be on the safe side ;)
Look forward to seing it when it's complete x

#3 Guest_BeatBeat_*

Guest_BeatBeat_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:37 PM

Thanks Cara. The cold frame was from Aldi 29.99. It is quite sturdy, better than I thought for the price. Will look at weed sheet when I go to B&Q on Friday.
By the way I got 6 bags of pebbles from Morrisons and they had trays of violets 2 for 3 so I got a couple of those too. ;-) it's an expensive business this tortoise lark isn't it lol lol lol

#4 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:45 PM

Thanks, might look in to getting one of these or maybe some of the plastic stuff that they're made from to put across the top of a section of my run :D
I think I might go back on the weekend for 4 more :blush: Yeah I seen the viola there didn't realise it was 2 trays for £3 though so might get some of those too :)
They also had a tray of 40 pots for £3 that would be handy for growing weeds or putting them in after they have grown a bit so think I'm gonna get some of those too :LOL: :wacko:
I think it's cheaper to keep children you know :rolleyes: lol
x

#5 Guest_BeatBeat_*

Guest_BeatBeat_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:10 AM

;-)

#6 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:33 PM

Hello
your little one's will love it,i just warn you if you put flowers in your enclosure they will be gone in no time,i put some pansies in mine when i first did there enclosure and they were all gone in a day so now i put some in flower beds and pots out of there enclosure and give them some eah day so they dont eat the lot straight away.I also used a weed sheet and then put top soil on the top to prevent digging out.
Jay,H,Becky and Humpty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users