Lighting/Heat bulb

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Lou_*

Guest_Lou_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:31 PM

NOT SURE IF THIS IS IN THE RIGHT PLACE SORRY.

Ok so in my research I have found that most people say that a joint UV and Heat lamp is better and more convenient but they are very expensive and I have read many many a complaint about them blowing to soon and not lasting that long.
Even the woman in one of Reptile shops I went to said its better price and quality wise to get two separate bulbs.

But I have noticed an on line shop has a joint UV and Heat lamp for 25 instead of ni on 50 for sale at the moment.
Didnt know weather to order that and try it out, for that price.

Appreciate you guys thoughts

Decisions decisions decisions... all confusing for a Newbie wanting to do her best.

Thanks

#2 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:32 PM

Hi Lou.
Most if not all combi bulbs come with a guarantee so if they were to blow they would be replaced free of charge anyway :)
I have an arcadia combi (the 100w), they come with a 12 month guarantee and I've not heard of anyone having problems with these yet.
Here's a link http://www.surreypet...-lamp-160w.html it's for a 160w but it gives out the light of a 160w bulb but the same heat as a 125w bulb
also they give out really good uv readings (from what I've read from other users)
I'm guessing it's the solar glow you talking about for £25 these come with a 6 month guarantee. I'm not sure how good their uv output is myself maybe another member will know. I used one for less than a month (got a table and the way it's built it was getting to hot at the highest point I could have it)and it worked fine I have read of people having problems with them though :wacko:
Inbetween using the solar glo and the arcadia I did use seperates and they worked fine although my two have been a bit more active since going back to a combi :rolleyes: maybe because it's brighter? I don't know lol.
Well I hope my rambling on was of some help to you :blush:
x
x

#3 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:39 PM

Hi Lou,

Which brand of bulb is it on offer?

Paula x

#4 Guest_Lou_*

Guest_Lou_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:36 PM

Hi and thank Mill.

That Combi bulb sound really good and £40 is still quite a good price as Iv seen them for double than that on ebay and in doing my research.

Yes it is the Solar Glo, on Zoo Plus.
Thats where Iv ordered my Cage from. :)

#5 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:08 PM

I got my cage from there http://www.zooplus.c..._cm_cages/83034 it had plenty of room in there for them :D
If using a rabbit cage and a combi bulb (unless u already have something) you will need a stand to hang it from. I had http://www.surreypet...-x-20-38cm.html which adjusted easily for me to get the temps needed ;) x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users