• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Lou_*

Guest_Lou_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:24 AM

Yaaaayyyy!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Got my Tort's home today.

And I was just wondering as it came in a HUGE cardboard box, would it be possible to use that for hidey holes, houses and what not or would they (as I'm thinking they would) try to eat it??.

Iv just got to get the Bulbs this month and then (hopefully) the little Guy next month. smile.gif

Thanks Guys

#2 Guest_BeatBeat_*

Guest_BeatBeat_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:40 PM

I guess it depends how old/big they are. Hides can be made easily with a few carefully places stones or plants alternatively petshops/reptile shots sell some nice willow swigs threaded together with wire that can easily be manipulated into a nice hide. Mine only cost about 2.00/2.50.

#3 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:31 PM

Cardboard boxes make great housing, as it is disposable:0) and you can replace easily.

#4 Guest_Lou_*

Guest_Lou_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:04 PM

Hi and thanks for the replies smile.gif

I don't mind buying them. I just thought it is a very good way to recycle any boxes and you can get a bit different with shapes and styles each time you change them too.

But was just worried that the Tort's my find them too tasty to munch on and make them ill.

I am looking to get a baby or young Torty. smile.gif

#5 Guest_BeatBeat_*

Guest_BeatBeat_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:58 PM

Didn't mean to sound rude. My two 9 month old Hermanns love to explore new things in their enclosure. I sometimes just place things in there to watch them interact with it and to entertain them for a while. laugh.gif

#6 Guest_Lou_*

Guest_Lou_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:10 AM

unsure.gif Oh no, I didnt think ur post was rude at all Hun smile.gif

Thanks for the reply. Bet its real cute watching them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users