Shelby came to school today

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_MrsG_*

Guest_MrsG_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:19 PM

Hey!
Took Shelby into school today to inspire my children to do some writing!! They absolutely loved her and did some great writing too :) They asked endless questions about her and a lot of them wanted to stay in the classroom and watch her instead of going out to play!! hehe!
Here's a photo of her in-situ at school and also a picture of her last week after having her whole head in the water glugging down some water!!
Attached File  2IMG_8069.JPG   25.15KB   30 downloads
Attached File  2IMG_8072.JPG   30.18KB   32 downloads

#2 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:56 PM

Hey,
Great idea Mrs G! Must have been very educational for the children and they also got to see something new. I'm sure it provided plenty of stimulation for their inquiring minds. The pics of Shelby look great. Thanks for sharing. ;)
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#3 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:06 PM

awww,Shelby look's so cute! and i bet she enjoyed all the attention,did they ask lots of questions?My sons school teachers are always asking about our torts as the one teacher brings Scott home on school transport and she loves to come and see them.

#4 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:52 PM

I expect the children loved it. didn't have things like that in my day

#5 Guest_MrsG_*

Guest_MrsG_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:37 PM

They were gutted this morning when they came in and she wasn't there!! We did some more writing today (instructions to look after a tortoise) and they all had lots of great ideas. The most popular being scooping out the poo!! hehe! Also one of them wrote 'make sure you have slippery walls so she can't escape'!!

#6 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:12 PM

That's great Jo, now all you need is to teach them to ID weeds... and to collect them. :laugh:
You will have no shortage of volunteers to take care of Shelby in the holidays.

Paula x

#7 Guest_tiggy_*

Guest_tiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:35 PM

oh shelby is lovely, what a sweet little face she has. i bet the children went home asking there mums for a tortoise as a pet....tiggy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users