Hatchling eye infection :(

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:57 PM

Hi everyone

Well I currently still have 4 hatchlings left but 2 are going to their new homes this weekend leaving me the 2 I am keeping. :wub:
I noticed that Pepsi who hatched in February has had a problem with her left eye opening so I took her to the vets 2 weeks ago and he said she had an eye infection and I have been putting in antibiotic eye drops 3 times a day but it doesn't seem any better :huh: How long shall I leave it before I take her back? She is really well apart from this and is active and eating and drinking well.. She also is the one with the moth eaten looking shell, exposing her wrinkly little legs... just got to love her.. She is the one with the most character and is far more adventurous than the others.

I have added some photo's of her once she had been in limestone flour... mimicking a tort ghost! :lol: :lol: I have also added a couple of mummy Cola and one of the new hatchlings doing a giant poo!! :blush: (I know what you're all thinking but just humour me... :lol: )

Also one more question... Cola's shell under her neck (can't remember what it's called) is really thick and looks like a large wiggerygrub (spelt wrong) is this normal? I know she has pyramiding which she had when I got her..Attached File  09052011136_1.jpg   1.44MB   68 downloadsAttached File  09052011145.jpg   1.3MB   54 downloadsAttached File  09052011146.jpg   1.34MB   58 downloadsAttached File  10052011150.jpg   1.76MB   56 downloadsAttached File  10052011158.jpg   1.26MB   54 downloadsAttached File  09052011141.jpg   1.77MB   57 downloadsAttached File  12052011159.jpg   1.47MB   60 downloadsAttached File  09052011134.jpg   1.48MB   32 downloadsAttached File  09052011136_1.jpg   1.44MB   68 downloads

#2 Guest_tiggy_*

Guest_tiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:14 PM

hi jeanette, im not sure how long you should wait, but when i bought junior he only had one eye. hed been to the vets several times to see about it and the vet thought that there was no eye ball in the socket. after a couple of months he started to open the eye. it was just a small split ti start with, then slowly it opened up completely. its fine now and he can see fine. if you are worried about him, i would just pop him back to the vets to see what he says....tiggy

#3 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:49 PM

Thanks Tiggy

I must admit since writing this i can actually see a tiny bit of an opening in her eye.. so fingers crossed. I think she will go back Monday if its no better.. She also opens her mouth alot as if she is crying but no noise is coming out?? looks cute but worrying at the same time :wacko:

They are a constant worry sometimes

Jeanette x

#4 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:36 PM

The earliest appointment I can get is for thursday! I have been told that this action she is making with her mouth could be a sign of an infection or respiratory problem, do you think she will be ok until Thursday? She is eating really well, pooing and weeing fine and very active??

Thanks
Jeanette x

#5 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:56 PM

Hi Jeanette,
Hope everything goes well with your little one at the vets on Thursday. Keep us posted. Take care.
Kind Regards
Freddy

#6 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:22 PM

Hi all

Took pepsi to the vets today and he said she may have an infection so just need to continue with the eye drops and he injected her with antibiotics and she has to have another one on sunday... poor little girl, the needle was huge compared to her little leg.. so fingers crossed this does the trick and her eye opens..

also she now weighs 20g.. which he was happy with since she was only 7g when she hatched in Feb!!

Jeanette x

#7 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:19 PM

Hi Jeanette
Hope your little one gets better soon.
Jaynex

#8 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:47 PM

Hope your little girl makes a speedy recovery Jeanette.
Awww 20g and a monster needle! Poor little thing. :wub:

Paula x

#9 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:32 PM

Hi Jeanette,
Hopefully Pepsi'e little eye opens soon and she makes a speedy recovery.Take care.
Kind Regards
Freddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users