- - - - -

play sand

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jackiegeorgie_*

Guest_jackiegeorgie_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:37 PM

i understand that you can mix play sand with garden soil for your tortoise,is this for indoors or out doors?and where can i get play sand any one know?

#2 Guest_tiggy_*

Guest_tiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:55 AM

hi jackiegeorgie, you use screened top soil with play sand. i bought my play sand from early learning centre but after i found it much cheaper else where. i saw it in b and q for about half the price.you mix the sand and top soil in your indoor table.....tiggy :)

#3 Guest_avons82_*

Guest_avons82_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

B&Q have play sand and so do larger stores of Tesco and it's on offer there too at the moment:

http://direct.tesco....R.901-8315.aspx

:wub:

#4 Guest_tiggy_*

Guest_tiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:26 PM

hi again, just logged onto this tesco site and there sand is loads cheaper than i got. i paid 4 a bag so thats less than half at tescosso best to shop around.......tiggy,

#5 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:29 PM

Hi there,

I'm not sure how it compares in price with what you've looked at but argos have 15kg for 2.99.

http://www.argos.co....ber/3650574.htm

I just use sterilised topsoil in my enclosure, I think that playsand is ideal to break up a heavy, clay soil but to be honest the suff in bags isn't that heavy.

Paula x

#6 Guest_jackiegeorgie_*

Guest_jackiegeorgie_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:06 PM

Hi there,

I'm not sure how it compares in price with what you've looked at but argos have 15kg for £2.99.

http://www.argos.co....ber/3650574.htm

I just use sterilised topsoil in my enclosure, I think that playsand is ideal to break up a heavy, clay soil but to be honest the suff in bags isn't that heavy.

Paula x

thanks so much every one for your help,i have looked on the argos site and they have some in so will order some to be deliverd in a sec,also how would i sterelise top soil?......in the oven?.......microwave?

#7 Guest_tiggy_*

Guest_tiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:08 PM

im not sure how you would seralise top soil to bring inside. i just bought it from the garden centre. my outside soil i didnt sterilse because i hadnt treated it with anything.....tiggy

#8 Guest_jackiegeorgie_*

Guest_jackiegeorgie_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:41 PM

im not sure how you would seralise top soil to bring inside. i just bought it from the garden centre. my outside soil i didnt sterilse because i hadnt treated it with anything.....tiggy

right tiggy off i go to the garden center tomorrow then,i havnt treated my garden soil so dont have to worry about that thanks for your help Posted Image

#9 Guest_PennyTort_*

Guest_PennyTort_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:19 AM

right tiggy off i go to the garden center tomorrow then,i havnt treated my garden soil so dont have to worry about that thanks for your help

Hi Jackie georgie

I get the natural playsand and sterilised topsoil from B&Q. You can also reserve on line and collect from store if thats easier.

B&Q do two types of playsand, and strangely enough, it is the cheaper one you want, which is natural. The other one seems to be a more red colour and stains.

I have a mix roughtly 50/50 for both indoors and out.

Puzzle and Jigsaw seem to be thriving! :)

Good luck :)
Pennytort

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users