more eggggggs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_tiggy_*

Guest_tiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:22 PM

this afternoon bonn dug another nest and laid 4 eggs. i now have 11 eggs, the 4 that i dont think are infertile( should have hatched last wednesday). 3 thatat are due to hatch at the end of next month and the 4 from to day. ive told her i want qualityand not quantity. i hope she was listening....... tiggy

has anyone ever heard of this....our reptile shop told me that tortoise eggs should never be disposed of because they can lay dormant and hatch after months of not doing anything............tiggy

#2 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:30 PM

Tiggy
Great news,i hope they are all fertile for you,lots of babies how lovely,keep us posted.
Jayne

#3 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:16 PM

WOW!! who's going to be a busy mummy then.. :wub:

I don't know about what the man said about months later??? I don't think this is correct..after a while they will explode if they are infertile..

well done Boon x

#4 Guest_hermann bruce_*

Guest_hermann bruce_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:12 AM

this afternoon bonn dug another nest and laid 4 eggs. i now have 11 eggs, the 4 that i dont think are infertile( should have hatched last wednesday). 3 thatat are due to hatch at the end of next month and the 4 from to day. ive told her i want qualityand not quantity. i hope she was listening....... tiggy

has anyone ever heard of this....our reptile shop told me that tortoise eggs should never be disposed of because they can lay dormant and hatch after months of not doing anything............tiggy

hi tiggy,i know other tortoises like red foots i think. the egg might not start to develope for a while but this is not the case with hermann eggs.i had one hatched yesterday bang on day 56 well its still half in half out the egg

bruce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users