strange smell

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_tiggy_*

Guest_tiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:53 AM

ive got a herp ll nursery incubator. for the last few days ive had a strange smell in it.its smells musty/amonia and it stings the eyes when the door is opened.is this normal. ive disposed of my first clutch of eggs,but they didnt smell when i opened them.its now started to sme :mad: ll in the house. has anyone else had this in incubators or in the herp ll............tiggy

#2 Guest_tiggy_*

Guest_tiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:03 PM

just to let everyone know, ive been in touch with the shop that i bought my incubator from and they have changed it for a new one. i am now wondering if this was the reason i had 2 dead in shell in february. the smell then wasnt as bad as its been over the last two day, but it makes me wonder. i hope the eggs will be ok this time.....tiggy :D :D

#3 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:21 PM

That is so bad.. they must know what the problem was to replace it so quickly! I really hope this hasn't affected your eggs :wacko:
Have you contacted the makers and asked them why this has happened, if it made it not work properly and if it could have been to blame for your undeveloped eggs?

Bless you, these eggs are so precious

Jeanette x

#4 Guest_tiggy_*

Guest_tiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:26 PM

hi jeanette,i did e mail the makers and i had a reply back in broken english saying they havent had any complaints about bad smells. the girl in the shop was nearly sick when she smelled it. i just hope this one is working ok. can i ask you ... the old one i could hear the motor going, but this one i carnt. can you hear yours working?.....tiggy

#5 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:40 PM

I can only hear a whirring noise when it is establishing the correct temp, it heats up then cools down so mine came on now and again..
The one i use which was faultless and proved 100% effective was http://www.surreypet...-incubator.html

Hope yours works ok but if in doubt ask for a refund and maybe order one from Surrey Pet supplies, I order from them all the time and they have some great products and at really good prices..

Jeanette x

#6 Guest_tiggy_*

Guest_tiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:14 PM

jeanette, i was asking about yours because my old one was so noisy and this one i cannot hear it much. this one is the newer model, the same as yours with 2 shelves. it works a lot better than the old one and no smell. i just hope that the old one hasnt affected the eggs......tiggy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users