Good breeders of captive bred Hermann who will deliver

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_cuddlesthefox_*

Guest_cuddlesthefox_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2005 - 01:07 PM

I must start by thanking you all for all the advice on Rupert, my little Hermann's. It has been invaluable as I tend to panic! I've prepared for months to get a tortoise, got all the equipment, read loads of books and websites but still I'm very much in need of advice!
Anyway, to the point. My sister and her partner who is a wildlife conservationist have decided to get a Hermann's tortoise too. However, I have told them not to make the same mistake as me and try to get him/her from a reputable breeder.
Being in Newcastle, they're finding buying locally quite difficult and I was wondering if any of you knew of a good breeder who will deliver them?
My sister has already built a lovely tabletop enclosure & outdoor pen. Her partner has what he calls a "natural" garden so the enviroment is perfect too.

#2 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2005 - 03:49 PM

Hello Gemma
http://www.tortoise.freeservers.com/
This is run by Les White, but last I heard he had a waiting list, but he's based in Hull
Arnie

#3 Guest_Joanne666_*

Guest_Joanne666_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2005 - 05:23 PM

Actually I live in Newcastle and may be able to get you one in a few weeks :-) E-mail me privately on JoanneNUFC666@aol.com and we'll see if we can get the ball rolling.

#4 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2005 - 08:52 PM

Well done Joanne, I know someone else in that area looking for one, can I pass your e-mail on to them too please
Arnie

#5 Guest_Joanne666_*

Guest_Joanne666_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:37 AM

No problem Arnie :-)

#6 Guest_seven_*

Guest_seven_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2005 - 04:18 PM

Try Chris this is his website.... http://www.turbotort....com/index1.htm
Jg.