pepsi's eye.. update

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:44 PM

Hi everyone

Little Pepsi my Feb hatchling still hasn't opened her eye so took her back to the vets as all treatments so far haven't worked ( another 65, so far I have spent 325 on her! good job i love her soooo much) He kept her in over night and sedated her this morning and forced the lids opened and there is an eye in there but it is quite small so he flushed it out to ensure there was nothing in there, he did say this condition has a name but i cannot remember it as it was very long..

I have to continue bathing the eye and adding antibiotic drops to it and he will see her again in 4 weeks time..

He did add what a pickle she is and how lively she was climbing and flipping on her back, he did admit to falling in love with her :wub:

Jeanette x

#2 Guest_tiggy_*

Guest_tiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:20 PM

jeanette how could he not love her shes lovely. did the vet say if he thought the eye would open eventualy? i hope she will be ok. our vet is really cheap. my 4 days at the vets with junior came to 22.65p. thats the best of living in the north, things dont cost that much.....tiggy

#3 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:31 PM

Hi Jeanette,
Fingers crossed that all turns out well for little Pepsi. She certainly has a great little spirit!
Kind Regards
Freddy

#4 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:38 PM

Awwww, and who could blame him?! :D

You have done everything you possibly can for Pepsi, us torty mums would walk over hot coals! :lol:
Everything crossed that the treatment works for her. I wonder whether if the eye opens she will be able to see?

Paula x

#5 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:25 PM

Aww...poor Pepsi :/ Hope she makes a speedy recovery and her eye opens back up for you Jeanette x

#6 Guest_Ozric_*

Guest_Ozric_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:53 PM

Hi, thats a worry for you. If the little one only has the use of one eye in the long term then I think he or she will be able to manage OK. God luck with the treatment!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users