What is up with Cola??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:32 PM

Hi everyone

I recently posted about Cola's aggresive behaviour. She is 4 years old and laid her first 2 clutches of eggs in December & February after getting jiggy with my friends male Hermann whilst I was away on holiday.

For the last 2 months she has become really aggressive and constantly "runs" after me and wants to bite my feet/ankles. Then if I do let her climb my feet she is mounting them and even making the mating noise "Squeek" :blush: It's getting to the stage that if I have visitors and she is roaming around they have to sit with their feet up! I have supplied her with trainers/slippers and even cuddly toys to mount but as soon as she sees someones feet (especially mine) she just runs at us...

For the last 2 weeks I have had her breeding /laying box avaliable to her 24/7 but altough she likes to sit in it basking there have been no signs of sniffing or digging and her behaviour is not typical of when she is gravid...

What is wrong with her? apart from being gravid what could this behaviour indicate? Could it be that she wants to be mated?

Do they sell muzzles for torts?? :lol:

Thanks
Jeanette x

#2 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:35 PM

Ooooh Jeanette,
I'm sorry I really don't have a clue what could be going on with Cola but just had to tell you it made me smile to think of her antics! :lol: Hope someone is able to help. They're no trouble eh? :rolleyes: :D

Paula x

#3 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:49 PM

Cola makes me smile too..... You could issue wellies to your visitors.... Or.... A business plan for tort muzzles.... Like a tiny American football type head gear which can attach round the shell. X x x hogs x x

#4 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:51 PM

Why would I say hogs....... Meant hugs x x.

#5 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:30 PM

Hi Jeanette,
I think you have your hands full with Cola or should I say feet... he!he! :lol:
Hopefully she settles down soon. ;) Take care.
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#6 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:04 PM

lol Hope Cola settles back down soon :lol: Sounds like she could do with another visit to your friends house :blush: x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users