humpty laid eggs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:34 PM

Hello
Humpty has laid 3 eggs,she's had a bath and some food and now gone to bed in her outside home with Becky,the eggs look so tiny,i got them out of the nest by using a paint brush it worked great as i managed to dust the soil away without moving them,i have put them in some damp vermicullite in a pro grow propagator as hubby managed to get it working okay,it is set at 30c and the reading on the digital temp reads 29.9c is that okay and there are two small circle openings on the top of the lid so you can open and close to allow air flow,at the moment i have it slighlty opened is that okay or should i open fully or close,any help much appreciate as its my first time, i have not got a spare hygrometer as i use it for speedy my redfoot so i yet have to buy one so i dont know what the humidity levels are,i have put two small dishes off water inside.
Jayne

#2 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:40 PM

Ooooh Jayne, how exciting! Wish I could help but I have no experience with eggs, I shall be a bag of nerves when it happens at my house! :rolleyes: Hopefully someone will be along soon. Thinking of you (not that that helps much! :lol: )

Paula x

#3 Guest_hermann bruce_*

Guest_hermann bruce_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:43 PM

well done jay.not sure of the crack with horsefeild eggs at all,so am not going to try!!
sorry

bruce

#4 Guest_tiggy_*

Guest_tiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:59 PM

^_^ im am another one thats not sure with horsfield eggs,sorry. but congratulations on your eggs, i hope they are all fertile for you and that you have some lovely babies. :lol: ....tiggy

#5 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:56 PM

Hi Jayne,
Congratulations on Humpty's eggs. I wish you the very best of luck with them. Please keep us posted. Take care. ;)
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#6 Guest_tortoise lady_*

Guest_tortoise lady_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:49 PM

hi jayne im no expert but have just hatched my 1st horsfield baby i had my temp at 31.9,after i placed eggs in i just left the vermicullite dry did,nt add any more water just in bowls,you will need a hygrometer to check humidity mine was about 60%/65% and the baby hatched at 75 days hope this helps a little good luck. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users