Magic Has Laid

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_tiggy_*

Guest_tiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:47 AM

:D :D today i had to take magic to the vets to have her induced. she's been digging her nest for 10 days , and i was getting worried to say the least.we had just got back home and she laid 3 eggs. the first one was so big i could'nt believe it. she has now settled down after a nice bath and a littl feed :lol: :lol: :lol: ......tiggy

#2 Guest_Ozric_*

Guest_Ozric_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:35 PM

Great news Tiggy. Is the induction similar to what they do in humans with an input of hormones? Fascinating. Hope Magic settles down well after her traumatic day! I wonder if that really large egg was holding things up.

#3 Guest_tiggy_*

Guest_tiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:56 PM

hi ozric, i think it was the first egg that she was having trouble with. it was big anf long, as if it had been in the channel for to long. she out in the sun now munching on weeds....think the injection was the samr sort of thing they give to weman. it did'nt take long to get her going....tiggy

#4 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:20 PM

That's great news Tiggy. :D Magic deserves plenty of pampering now and a good rest. :wub: Best of luck with the eggs. ;)
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#5 Guest_tortoise lady_*

Guest_tortoise lady_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:01 PM

great news tiggy congrats :D

#6 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:15 PM

This is great news Tiggy. After all the disappointments you are really getting the swing of things. How old is magic? I only ask cos next year hopefully all my torts will be together and peta will be 3 yrs old. Will boy Pebble ignore her til she is older? This sounds a really daft question. Anyway ..... Well done for magic!! X x x hugs x x

#7 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:18 PM

Don't suppose you are expecting twins in the first egg Tiggy!!! that would be excitingly cool... Do torts have twins.... Chickens lay eggs with double yolks x x x hugs x x

#8 Guest_hermann bruce_*

Guest_hermann bruce_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:22 PM

thats great tiggy more babys soon with a bit o luck

bruce

#9 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:25 PM

Brilliant news,Tiggy,keep us posted.
congratulations!
Jayne

#10 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:02 PM

Wahay!! Well done Magic! :wub:

Great news Tiggy.. let the countdown begin. :D

Paula x

#11 Guest_tiggy_*

Guest_tiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:25 PM

it is great news, ive been worried about her for a couple of days. when mark said last night to leave her till this morning i was wishing the night away. everthing worked out well in the end.
stellanne
magic is 8 years old but still a little smaller than bonn. i must admit that i thought junior had'nt bothered with her, and the same as you thought he would wait until she was bigger......how wrong i was. boy are boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tiggy

#12 Guest_tiggy_*

Guest_tiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:29 PM

stellanne, yes to your question. torts can have twins. i saw a photo of some the other day. 1 baby was normal size the other 1 was tiny. i think the tiny one died :( :( :( tiggy

#13 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:58 AM

oopps dont want that do you. Good luck with all the egs x x x hugs x x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users