Good Girl Cola :)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:28 PM

Hi all

Cola went to the vets (trinity vets in Maidstone, Kent) and an xray revealed 6 eggs!! Mark the vet then gave her the injection and I sped home.. I live about 30-40 minutes away so I was panicking. Within minutes she had laid all 6 eggs..

Then disaster struck.. as I was carrying them in their tub of Vermacille upstairs i tripped and they all tipped out onto my carpeted stairs. They didn't break thankfully but now I am so upset that I may have harmed them??? They are now in the incubator so I am keeping my fingers crossed.. I am so angry with myself for doing it and will be so upset if i have damaged them at all.

Cola is still pacing, I suppose she is still hormonal.

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes

Jeanette xAttached File  016.jpg   1.93MB   24 downloads

#2 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:43 PM

What a day for you Jeanette!! I haven't any experience of eggs so can't really advise but fingers crossed everything is ok. And of course well done Cola.... Hugs x x x

#3 Guest_Sam-S_*

Guest_Sam-S_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:24 PM

Glad she has laid them all but how annoying about the eggs that sorta thing would happen to me when I'm trying to be careful with something it always goes wrong. my other half opened my incubator to have a look at the eggs with the torch not picking them up just shining it in the side and then dropped the torch on the side of one thankfully I think it's ok as can see the baby moving around inside still but still I was really annoyed lol. :-)

#4 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:28 PM

Jeanette
great to hear Cola has laid her eggs,keep fingers crossed for you i hope the eggs are okay ,keep us posted.
Jaynex

#5 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:41 PM

Aww Jeanette, isn't there alaways something? :unsure:

I really don't have a clue about the eggs, sooooo hope they are ok.
You are such a good torty mum recognising all these little signs Cola keeps giving you.
At least she has done her thing now and will hopefully settle soon. Please let us know how she gets on.

Paula x

#6 Guest_tiggy_*

Guest_tiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:13 PM

congratulations jeanette, more babies :D goody goody. your eggs will be o k im sure.keep us posted on fertillity, hope it goes well :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: tiggy

#7 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:33 PM

Congratulations Jeanette and well done Cola. I'm sure everything will be OK with the eggs. Best of luck with them. ;)
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#8 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:32 PM

Thanks everyone

Cola is still doing my head in... she still thinks she is pregnant!!! she is stomping around and just won't stop... I just hope her hormones switch off soon and she realises that her tummy is now empty.

Jeanette x

#9 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:26 PM

Jeanette
I hope Cola settles down soon,keep us posted on eggs,
Jayne

#10 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:29 PM