1St Egg Hatched This Morning

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Sam-S_*

Guest_Sam-S_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:51 AM

Woke up today and saw a little head and 2 legs poking out the egg shell so exciting. shame had to rush and go to work if there was anyway to call on sick it would have been today but only started on Monday so would not look good lol.

Does anyone know how long after she hatches that I shoul take her out the incubator?

#2 Guest_tiggy_*

Guest_tiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:07 PM

hi sam, congratulations on you new baby. 2 of mine came out of the incubator as soon as they had hatch. the 3rd one i left in because it still had a bit of an egg sac left.number 3 was left in for about 24 hours then the egg sac had gone, so i popped it with the others.......tiggy :lol:

#3 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:24 PM

Congragulations Granny Sam... It is just the best thing to watch isn't it?? I actually did call in sick when mine hatched as they did it so quickly one after another.. I took mine out as soon as they were right out of the egg and gave them a shallow bath, weighed them then put them in their table.. they ate after a few hours which amazed me.

Good luck xx

#4 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:39 PM

Hello Sam
congratulations!looking forward to seeing pictures.
Jayne

#5 Guest_tiggy_*

Guest_tiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:46 PM

sam , how many eggs do you have left and do you know if the others are fertile :lol: :lol: :lol: keep us posted and photos when you can........tiggy

#6 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:50 PM

Oooh that was a tough decision! :lol:

What a lovely thing to see, hopefully you don't work weekends and can now enjoy the rest of the hatching! Please keep us soppy bunch posted! :wub:

Paula x

#7 Guest_Sam-S_*

Guest_Sam-S_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:10 AM

Hi thanks for the replys. When I got home from work yesterday she was nearly out the egg by the eavning she was fully out so have put her in the table now.
She laid 5 eggs from this clutch 4 are fertile as can see a tortoise moving about in the and 1 is still see threw and has gone a brown colour and looks funny so have taken it out. Shelly then laid another 3 about 2 weeks ago and they look healthy so far. Will get some pics posted up today of the little one. :-)

#8 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:45 PM

Congratulations Sam and well done Shelly. Best of luck with the new hatchlings. Look forward to seeing some pics. Take care. ;)
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#9 Guest_Ozric_*

Guest_Ozric_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:59 AM

Great news Sam! Suddenly we have several people posting here who have had sucess with eggs. This is good news for those of us that might fancy a bit of breeding in the future. If others have managed it maybe we can too and we'l have some friends with experience to share.

Keep us updated Sam.

#10 Guest_Sam-S_*

Guest_Sam-S_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:02 AM

The other 3 all hatched yesterday. Will get some pics posted up as soon as I work out how too. :-)

#11 Guest_tiggy_*

Guest_tiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:39 PM

congratulations sam, you are going to be really busy....tiggy

#12 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:47 PM

Hey great news Sam! Congratulations on the safe arrival of your new babies! :wub:

Will you ever be able to go to work again???! :lol:

Paula x

#13 Guest_Sam-S_*

Guest_Sam-S_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:34 AM

Know what you mean about being busy when I get in from work all I seem to do now is deal with all the torts lol first the babies making sure there all ok then get the adults in and stroke them for a bit before making them all food or going to the park to pick more weeds for them all. Got a neighbour who comes and checks the babies in the day when I am out to make sure they are all the right way up.

#14 Guest_PennyTort_*

Guest_PennyTort_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:34 AM

Congratulations, can't wait to see the pics. Pennytort ^_^

#15 Guest_Sam-S_*

Guest_Sam-S_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

Hi Penny, I have put pics up in another post :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users